Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RmXp to RmvxA coverted?

errr? not sure if this is the correct place for this but..

Is there some kind of base pack I could use that someone has made that converted all the rmxp stuff over to RmvxA in a
ready to use project?

i'd really like to use the rmvxa system BUT with all the rmxp stuff for my attempt number 5 at making my game and getting
it completed without any issues. Four times I have tried to get my XP game finished but something happens and the game either
stops working, or script errors just pop up out of nowhere, or the game gets corrupted and I cant open the editor or play the game.

RmvxA seems a pretty stable system so.. i'd like to try remaking my game one last time using RmvxA but using Rmxp stuff.

The XP tiles don't fit within VXa tilesets, so you won't find any conversions. The tiles are all the same size so you could copy them one by one yourself, but other than that, I don't think anybody will have done it premade, as they'd have to make choices about what tiles to keep, and that's something personal to your circumstances.

I know the rmxp stuff would need to be resized etc, but I noticed there's scripts to do this and I was just wondering if anyone had already done this in
a new base project already. Basically to save myself time in converting ALL the rmxp stuff myself, i just dont want to start converting stuff that's already
be converted and all put into a fresh project ready to use.

There are plenty of XP sprites reformatted as VX sheets. But only the people since the bigger monsters were designed to use 4 frames.

Charset01.png

Charset02.png

Charset03.png

Charset04.png

Charset05.png

Charset06.png

Charset07.png

The issue with tilesets is VX and VXA used different autotiles and limits with layering so there was no straight conversion. In some ways it was simpler to just do parallax mapping than mess with restrictive formats.

You could use the VX Ace engine for an RPG Maker XP game...

How to use the VX Ace engine in your XP games
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.ph ... 899.0.html

This will use the RPG Maker VX Ace engine for playing, but RPG Maker XP for editing everything else. It does need a Tilemap Replacement, and there are a few, but none of them are "perfect".

I've played with it and works pretty well, but there are some differences in the way that Message Windows work also when using custom Message Systems. For example, Multiple Message Windows (originally by Wachunga) doesnt render correctly in RMXPA and would need to be rewritten to work properly.

I had some trouble with a few of my other scripts like Clouds, but other stuff like Modular Passable works just fine.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.