Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [RMXP]The Insanity: A cold and bitter diagnosis [Complete]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Speedpaws":3d39naly said:
Yeah. That's where I'm stuck. I just deleted the game. There's no reason wasting any more of my life playing an almost impossible battle.

if they're nailing you for 500 every hit, you're obviously not using 'gimp' on them

I made the game difficult, because nowadays there are far too many 'walk in the park' fluff-fest games, that take little to no effort to beat (aside from hitting the 'confirm' button repeatedly)

Also: I get it, you dont like how hard the game is.  Stop bashing it and turning off possible players.  The game isn't -that- hard.  My little 11 year old brother mauled the game.  And several others have gotten waaay past that, and/or beaten the game, and not whined as much as you.

If you're not a fan of TBS, or a challenging game, then that's fine, I appreciate you taking the time to at least try out my game.  But you're obviously not in the target audience for my game, so....just stop whining.

I'll be writing up a strategy guide in the near future, so if you want, keep an eye open for it and I'll work you through each and every battle and puzzle.  However, I'm tired of this project for now, and that's not going to be out for some time.

It -is very possible- to beat the game.  You just need to plan ahead, think, and not just try to hack and slash.  Hit and run tactics are a NECESSITY.

This game takes TIME, EFFORT, and STRATEGY to beat.  If you don't have, or are not willing to give one of those three, you will not beat it.

gonewind":3d39naly said:
That Harlequin boss really annoying T.T Also, the game crashes with an error when I use wasabi. Beside that, it is a neat game, I had fun messing with the tactical battle system (I remember I saw the script to such system here, got to try it! ^^)

Wow, I totally missed that, let me fix it ^_^

King of Red Pancakes":3d39naly said:
4. Whatever you do, don't let them cluster together, or they'll maul you and eat you alive. Move characters in different directions to draw them out and then go in to your target for the kill.

quoted for truth.

King of Red Pancakes":3d39naly said:
5. Remember that the characters normal attacks are stronger than their actual skills, ex. Gimp will weaken the opponent, but it does something like half the damage, Aaron's shockwave is almost useless unless you are just a tile too far from your opponent and should not be used unless said situation is applied.
I hope this helps, and remember that these are only the strategies I used, feel free to use your own. :)

speeder can hit about 1k sometimes if you have already stretched, and skills guarantee a hit, whereas enemies with Evasion are less likely to be hit by standard melee attacks.  That, and Aaron tends to miss a lot (at least for me).  Skills have their place, but more often than not, it's a good idea to conserve Energy.

Pretty good game; I loved the fight sequences, and aside from some grammatical errors there aren't a whole many flaws.  =D I'm still trying to figure out that spike room. I'm misinterpreting the round guy's movements, I think.

Although, for Simon Says type puzzle in chapter three, that round guy jumps wrong when you first enter; he bounces from the middle to the left and then to the top when it should be from the middle to the bottom.

Good game though! I'mma finish it later.  :thumb:

Citrus Insanity":2391hh8j said:
Pretty good game; I loved the fight sequences, and aside from some grammatical errors there aren't a whole many flaws.  =D I'm still trying to figure out that spike room. I'm misinterpreting the round guy's movements, I think.

Although, for Simon Says type puzzle in chapter three, that round guy jumps wrong when you first enter; he bounces from the middle to the left and then to the top when it should be from the middle to the bottom.

Good game though! I'mma finish it later.  :thumb:

wait...what?
*goes to check it*
I -never- even heard of that bug before x_x

wow, and surely it's there.
Nobody had complained about it before, I didn't even notice x_x
fixed that and teh wasabi bug, uploading new version right now, will be up within 30 min.

First of all I'm not bashing your game. I never once said it sucked or anything. I just said I find it too hard. I love the kind of battle system you used, but I just don't think you used it well, at least for the beginning of the game.

People should play this game and try it for themselves. They shouldn't take what I say too seriously, for everyone has their own opinions. I'm just telling you my thoughts. If someone is stupid enough to turn away because of one small problem I have, then they are an idiot. So just chill. You don't need to be a jerk because I didn't like the battles. Jeeze.

Speedpaws":1byixua0 said:
The battles are too tedious. I mean come on, for a second battle to take over 6 tries, and I still haven't been able to win, that’s screwed up. I sold all my stuff to buy more healing potions, but they still always win. I give up. And normally I don't give up, but this is a serious waste of time.

That's what I've been doing, but to no avail. They always own me. They take 500 every time they hit me, and so I’m dead within a few turns since the health of your characters is so freaking low. I just got tired of it so I quit.

Yeah. That's where I'm stuck. I just deleted the game. There's no reason wasting any more of my life playing an almost impossible battle.

really mature way to show how you disliked the difficulty of the game ;)
doesn't seem like just a 'small' problem to me. You seemed to make it out into a huge issue that caused you to 'delete the game' in an effort to 'not waste any more of your life'

Also: none of what I said was attacking in nature, I simply explained that the game is supposed to be hard, takes effort, and if the challenge doesn't appeal to you, then you're not in the audience I was attempting to appeal to.  Please do not attempt to twist what I said into some kind of attack or flame, or an angered rant, when all it was was a simple explanation.  You are the only one to complain this vigorously about how hard the game is, and the only one to go on a pissfit over it.

Please learn to keep a lid on your temper when posting criticism of a game in the future.

Dung Beetle":12884hip said:
I like the way you meddled with Gaia Online avatars, well for me, it's my first time seeing an RM game carrying Gaia Online stuff ^_^

That's because you're not supposed to use Gaia Online avatars in anything that's not for Gaia Online, edited or otherwise.  It's in their TOS.

Also, hiyya Nammy; how's it going?

Atemu":t8nrdgk2 said:
Dung Beetle":t8nrdgk2 said:
I like the way you meddled with Gaia Online avatars, well for me, it's my first time seeing an RM game carrying Gaia Online stuff ^_^

That's because you're not supposed to use Gaia Online avatars in anything that's not for Gaia Online, edited or otherwise.  It's in their TOS.

Also, hiyya Nammy; how's it going?

I didn't get them from gaia, I got them from tektek, which doesnt' have that in their TOS.

TekTek TOS":t8nrdgk2 said:
I. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
When using tektek.org, you are to follow these terms of use (which may update at any time without notice).

II. USER REGISTRATION
Some tools on tektek.org require registration via an e-mail address. You can use a fake email address if you want, but you will not be able to recover your password.

III. PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You are responsible for your password and keeping it safe.

III. PRIVACY
tektek.org will sometimes record your search terms. This will usually occur when a search fails so the search system can be improved.

IV. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Follow any laws and regulations that apply to you while on tektek.org

V. NO RESALE OR REPRODUCTION OF SERVICE(S)
You may use any tool on tektek.org for personal use, but you cannot reproduce tools or services for others. (exception: you can make avatars for other people using the Dream Avatar tool)

VI. TERMINATION
tektek.org can remove your tektek account or access to the site at any time for any reason.

VII. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
tektek.org is not responsible for anything that happens to you, your grunny plushie, your computer, anyone, anything.

VIII. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING AND COOKIES
tektek.org uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit. If you know how and wish to block these ads or cookies, you are free to do so.

Also: hey atemu, long time no see, played the game?

Where do you think Tektek gets the permission to display Gaia avatars from? @_@;  Anyway, maybe you should e-mail them regarding it, just to be safe (and so we ourselves know what to do when something like this pops up again).

And not yet, I will later.  I'm busy with irl shit, but it looks pretty nice.

I don't think it's an issue, seeing as I'm not selling it, or claiming I created them.  If there is a problem, then I'll do some quick chibi sketches and remove the gaia stuff.  But that's only if they see it and freak or something.

Nice game a good touch with the fog and music and the story line but I am having trouble with the Door carved with the riddle kind of hard for me to figure out since i don't know what to look for or to do.

I have spent thirty minutes at the begining of the castle with the two times one and stuff and now my brain hurts but intresting game so far.

yeah, that's a fun riddle.

All I can say is pay attention to the carving on the door in the middle, it tells you exactly what to do.

hint: like a book ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.