Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Resolved] Spoiler Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't quite sure where to put this so please move it if it's in the wrong place :D

I was wondering, is there any way to set the width of a spoiler.

And seeing as this is kinda similar... whats the name of the coding we use for this forum?

Thanks
Syvkal

You cannot set the width of the spoiler. I mean Erk or Ccoa could, but that would set it that width for all spoilers. And the code is bbcode, although different forum softwares use different bbcodes.

I wonder why you should set the width at all ... you can't make multiple spoilers next to each other, so you won't need to resize them ... also, it'd add horizontal scrollbars to spoilers with images (which they're often used for), which are a pain in the ass on browsers not supporting horizontal scrollbar mouse wheels ^_^

Well I was kinda thinking...
With my Sig and the spoiler it looks wierd when they're different sizes...
But I had a different reason why I wanted to size them, but I can't remember it...

Here's a suggestion for the sig issue.

You don't want to make the sig banner huge or wide to match the spoiler, as that could be generally annoying to members with smaller resolutions. However, you might want to center your signature image. That way it won't look as out of place with the spoiler (which is also more or less centered).

This is the code:

[noparse]http://www.sig.com/sig.png[/img][/noparse]​

Good luck.

That's an idea... might look good might not :D

Oh and if anyone wants a space before they're Spoilers try putting a 1x1 transparent image before it, unless someone has a better way ^_^

@syv: Lol, what a method ... I can hear the web designer speaking, am I right with that? :P

Anyway, if you can't remember the reason, it couldn't be that important. Your signature looks good the way it is now, too, so don't bother ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.