Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Regarding SigmaSuccour

As you browse the RPG maker community you'll undoubtedly hear about some controversy regarding one of the mods of the official RPG Maker Discord. I want to make this statement as it has come up in our Discord channel and I know that people are quoting from it and such.

What does this have to do with HBGames? It doesn't, other than that we are a part of the RPG Maker community.

Anyway the statement is this.

HBGames is, and always will be, an inclusive environment. Though we aren't going to police opinion to an extent, and your thoughts are your own, we are fully accepting of the entire LGBT+ community. This includes our friends in Asia as well as many who are living under oppressive regimes.

The following are opinions I am not going to accept to be aired at HBGames. The opinion that regimes that murder gay people are correct to think that, or that being LGBT is in general a bad thing or up for debate.

While we are at it, on an unrelated note, I am going to add: you do not get to debate people's sexuality or gender, and LGBT includes the T. This is a requirement of your stay here at HBGames and if you disagree you are welcome to leave.

While that only in part pertains to the aforementioned drama, I also want you to know that the user in question will not be allowed into our community, and I would advise caution and situational awareness if you use the official RPG Maker Discord.

Anyway that's all I want to say on the matter. Peace

Since the site doesn't get a lot of news and this could be up for a long time, I'm going to leave a note to myself about what this was "drama" was.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I agree with that general stance. We banned Hybrida for less than what Sigmasuccour has done and said and I'm shocked I have to say that!

Both of them play the victim card, as well. Truly baffling how you can make a game about murdering your critics and still somehow see yourself as the victim.

If you ever read this sigma and given you found my posts on a forum even more unknown of than this one you likely will, I don't dislike your religion nor do I have any problems with your people. You are free to worship who seems dopest in your eyes.

I despise people who use faith as a shield and then try to weaponize that faith to hunt down those that you don't agree with... Twisting the words of your ancestors and supreme deity to suit your convenience. It's the same thing any zealot or extremist will do.

A lot of the passages are written by people at least 2,000 years ago when men still generally had very reductive views on women. "A man shall not lie with another man as he would a woman" more likely refers to 'treat a man like a man in bed, and treat a lady like a lady in bed.' more than the twist into homophobic hate speech the westboro baptist church and other religious cults masquerading as orders make it out to be.

You're operating on a similar doctrine, if it is solely because of your faith that you do not agree with homosexuality, then you have the option to just be quiet about it. You have not been that, meaning you have had a desire to bash gay people from the first, so 'mah faith demands it' is a no more than an excuse at that point.

Cancel culture doesn't exist, it was a buzzword created by loudmouths like you who spew vitriol and then can't stand being called out for it. "EH!? I said nasty things about certain people, now they're trying to cancel me!?"

No, they're understandably angry with you, the fact you keep doubling down is the reason you've fallen so low.

We're just trying to live our lives happily, you aren't nearly important enough to any one of us for us to go out of our way to cancel your ass.

Move on and make the games you actually work on with love, it will make you happier than letting all this anger control you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.