Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

Quintessence - The Blighted Venom

The game over all just made me awe. You really don't see that many original games out there. I'd definitely play the full version of this game.

Thanks for the comments. :)

@rataime
I'll try to find those passability problems; thanks for the heads up!

@DawnWanderer
Thanks, hope you like the original music! :D As for the character detail spoiler part; I'm not really sure. I understand that thread-wise it is a nice touch, but what I feel is that writing a description about a character on a thread is like treating them as a project's subjects each with their attributes/personalities and etc. labeled; where as I want the player to explore their traits themselves in first-person. I definitely see your point though, but I'm a little vacillated right now, heheh.

Thanks. :)

I just made another 30 facepics with FM, including Lunair's mother's set 10 years ago. So just a quick question, does this seem to match in terms of mother-daughter trace? (Keep in mind the mother is portrayed as 10-years ago, hence looks relatively young. Oh and also, one of Lunair (the daughter)'s 10-years-ago child face pics is in the first screenshot in the below spoiler, could ya see if that passes as a child pic for her? :D

Mother:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/ ... Silent.png[/IMG]

Daughter:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/ ... Silent.png[/IMG]

Thanks in advance!

And here are some screenshots for Chapter 2 so far (Chapter 2 is largely played in flash-back):

I just got done playing the demo and I have to say I'm inpressed. I loved every second of the demo. It kept me glued to the monitor, even when my parents said i have to go to bed XD I love the music, and the battle in the beginning, and just everything! lol I can't wait for the next one =) You give me inspiration for my series.

I've played the demo and thought it was excellant :) im liking the screens for chapter 2 also but just as a little idea. I always hated it in game where the screen is black and white and the faces are in colour. I don't know if its just me but they seem to be an eye sore to those moments
-Redblade-

Thanks for teh feedback~ :)
@Redblade: Ahh good point, I'll fix that for the black and white flashbacks. Thanks for the advice!

@Mezmerize: Heheh, I know that purple eyes + golden hair = mary-sue cliche; but basically what I have is a whole ethnic group(Aerians) are defined by the said physical traits, and considers themselves superior (raging a war of independence in the past from the rest of the society; somewhat relatable to Nazi in WW2).

In the flash back back to Aeria's central, every Aerian has those inherited hues, and is one of the foundations for the story.

every details are awesome!
I like your battle scenes on the map. Incredible ^o^

but one thing...
when the night comes I thinks It's dark too much

I can't see where waypoints in the map. lol

I'll wait for chapter 2.

I love the intro.... Great job. I'll play more and see how it turns out.

Only gripe is the time travel aspect. Time travel is notoriously hard to accomplish well. I hope you know what you have gotten yourself into.

Well maybe it's not a gripe, but more a concern.

Keep up the good work.

Sweet Rieves.... i got the PM as well. Thanks for answering my question.

EDIT:

Just wondering... I noticed in the intro that when the girl saves the guy fighting the guards [near the very beginning]. The guards turn into a dog and fire... Is this intention?

Queue

Sponsor

Oh my god *Sounds like a Sorority Girl.*

A game named after me, kawaii.

I made a comic and story called Quintessence Theory.

Taylor

Sponsor

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!
No!
It's GUY WHO FINDS RANDOM BUGS THAT NOBODY ELSE NOTICES!

HI KIDS*shotbrickstab*

..okay to be serious the bush next to the exit out of town to the forest has a passability issue. You may not have set the blank spaces around the tree to be *5 priorty, and as such you can walk on top of the bush.

Other than that minor bug this thing is BEAUUUTIFUL.
...Is this a novel too or something?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.