Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Problems with Poccil's Pokemon Essentials

I've been trying out the latest release of this starter kit lately. While there are fewer crashes than what I'm used to seeing in this version, there are also newer problems that I will list below:

1)The "WildPokemon" battle music and the "Trainer" battle music sometimes does not start at the beginning of the track upon entering a battle, but a few seconds later into the track, as if I was using a music looping script. They also seem to come at a lower volume than what I initially hear them as, and I can't seem to find a way to customize it through the editor.

2)Double Battles are kind of screwed up, as least if it's a case where two trainer events see you at the same time. The first pokemon you sent out is the only one that attacks, instead of both it and its partner being able to attack. Also, the enemy pokemon don't attack at all.

If anyone who is experienced with this starter kit can lend some help, I'll greatly appreciate it. I even tried going to the forums at upokecenter, but they are greatly inactive.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.