Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Post Your Inspirational Photos and Images!

Okay, this is the FIND OF THE DECADE for me, as someone who needs a lot of "stock" photography, without wanting to pay the ~$2500/yr costs of stock photo sites.

http://pirc-bw.com/free-photos.html

^^^ That site links you to a number of sites that deal in royalty-free, commercially-allowed photo libraries.
A couple of the sites require small costs for certain photos, but the greater majority of the photos (especially the ones without people in them) are free as a bird, and aren't just shitty cameraphone pictures, either.

IDK how many of you even work with photos on a commercial scale, but ohmygod I have never known such relief in my life to have these sites you have no idea omg no idea.

Here's an awesome basic tutorial on hands!

hand_tutorial_2_by_qinni-d4xv0nj.jpg

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/12/beautiful-marker-and-pen-portrait-time-lapse/

elfandiary.jpg

I can't embed the video of this, as it's Vimeo, but click the link. It's a time-elapse of someone doing a piece of art within 3 hours, using only Micron pens, markers, and colored pencils.

He's obviously a boss at what he does, so he doesn't demonstrate the first steps novice artists SHOULD do by blocking, but in case you've ever wondered how to properly color & shade a face, check this out.

Oooh, saved that Hand Tutorial, thanks Venny!

As for me, I have had some inspiration for my art.

I've always been a fan of artists who can convey unfathomable anger in a character. While there's several good examples, the one I think I've been most inspired by is Jack Noir.
127566327117.gif

I've always been inspired by armadas that have covered in a near moshpit, the shot, a feel of absolute impending doom. The Space fleets in somethings do this well, Invader Zim among them.
q4TQ5Fm.png

A tutorial by the artist and writer behind the LackadaisyCats webcomic has helped me out greatly with expressions. However it's not the only tutorial she's written.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.