Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

Developed in RPG Maker XP.

Contents:
Part 1 – Features
Part 2 – Quick Update
Part 3 – Introduction
Part 4 – The Project Scarlet Team
Part 5 – Credits
Part 6 – The Story
Part 7 – The New Pokémon of Shiozu
Part 8 – The New Region of Shiozu
Part 9 - The Main Characters
Part 10 - Screenshots and Other Media
Part 11 - Support Us
Part 12 - Further Information
Part 13 - Want to help?

====================================
1. Features

New TMs/HMs
New items and berries
8 New Gyms and Gym Leaders
150 new Pokémon
Pokémon from other regions
New region - Shiozu
New characters
New type: Light
A visual update for most core systems
You will be able to choose between being a Male or Female (unlike the original Scarlet)

2. Quick Update

Lately, development has taken a backseat to real life, as the majority of the team is working diligantly at school, but not to worry, as when Christmas Break rolls along, Minor will be free to code, and the rest of us will be free to do what our specialties are.

Check back at this section, as we will post in here about the updates we make to the topic.

3. Introduction [An Exerpt from PokéCommunity Forums]

Minorthreat":2okmfdam said:
I'm sure that the name Pokémon Scarlet is a name that most of you are familiar with, as well as I assume that most of you have heard of Pokémon Iridium. My name is Minorthreat, and I am the creator of Pokémon Iridium. Not too long ago Houdoomed asked me if I would take over the reigns of Scarlet and help him by continuing his wonderful project. At first I was skeptical, Iridium was important to me, I wasn't too keen on giving it up completely. I spent many days contemplating the prospects of the deal, and I ultimately realized, why not take what was superb about Iridium, and incorporate it in the my own version of Pokémon Scarlet. This version of Pokémon Scarlet is what you see here today.

Enough about me, lets talk about Pokémon Scarlet. Pokémon Scarlet began way back in February 2007, and has suffered the same fate as Iridium many times. We have gone through many changes and many losses, the struggles that Pokémon Scarlet has faced has only made it stronger. The project has been handed around many times to many developers, but none of them have been able to breathe life into the project. However, this time is different, we have made a lot of progress in the short few months that I have been part of the project. I look forward to your support, and I hope to have you all itching for updates by the end of this thread.

And me? My name is Eebit. I used to frequent these forums, although I was something of a wannabe game designer, sticking mainly to the Request forums. I found Scarlet when it was still a fledgling fan game, being developed by Asuran and Houndoomed [or Nitro Typhoon, as he was known back in those days]. I followed a link over to Scarlet's forums, and asked to join the team, coming on board originally as a Pokémon Concept person. Now, I've taken up the role of coming up with general ideas for the storyline, so I guess that makes me our "writer". I also organize the Pokédex, but that's really no big deal.

Now, why have I brought such a fangame back to hbgames.org? I believe that maybe Scarlet needs some more support, as we don't see many faces around our forums anymore. It would be nice to get some moral support, so that the team has something to strive for... But enough about us; you're here for Pokémon Scarlet. And that's what I will give you.

Without further ado, Pokémon Scarlet!

4. The Project Scarlet Team

Minorthreat - Project Coordinator, Mapper, Story Developer, Overworld Spriter, Tile Artist

Houndoomed - Project Founder

Sprite Killer - Lead Spriter, Pokémon Developer

Concore - Pokémon Developer

Chibifibi - Pokémon Developer, Spriter

eebit - Pokédex Management, Pokémon Concepts

Riceeman - Pokémon Developer, Mapper

Strelitzia - Pokémon Developer, Spriter

Yuoaman - Mapper, Story Developer

~Magma King~ - Move/Learnset and Base Stats Developer

5. Credits

Poccil - The Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit

Wichu - General Script assistance

Fangking Omega - Inspiration in game making, and the thread structure

Kyledove - His wonderful Sinnoh Tiles

Atomic_Reactor - Overworld Sprites

Esmas - Overworld Sprites

6. The Story

Pokémon Scarlet takes place 15 years before the events of Pokémon R/B/Y (even though new Pokémon feature in Shiozu, they do not appear in any other region). You play as a young Lance, who grows up to be one of the world's most famous Pokémon Masters, and one of the Kanto Elite Four. Lance’s cousin, Clair, is also a character in this game. Clair grows up to be the Gym Leader of Blackthorn City Gym. Both Lance and Clair move to Blackthorn City when they are older. Pokémon Scarlet expands the history of these two characters in an exciting and new, not used before in a Pokémon game, way.

Now before you knock the story for being so cliché, I'd like to remind you that it will end up being a little more mature than the Nintendo Pokémon games, but it will still contain the child-like playfulness of the Nintendo games. We have to keep inside of a certain "guidebox" of the Nintendo storyline, so please keep that in mind. The story will likely end up being changed, as this is a rough idea.

So without further ado, I present the story of Pokémon Scarlet.

----

Your name is Lance*. You live in the town of Risehome in the region of Shiozu, along with your Aunt and Uncle, and your younger cousin Clair. You have been living here for a long time, and things have always been more and less peaceful... until now.

You and your friend Giovanni are out on Route 297 and he is showing you how to battle. Giovanni has been like an older brother to you for several years, since your parents left to journey faraway lands. Giovanni was also a traveling trainer, but he would always return to Risehome Town to spend the Winter with you. But recently Giovanni took a position as assistant to Prof. Maple, who has a lab in Risehome. After Giovanni finishes your lesson he tells you to head home and that he will see you in the morning, on your birthday.

You wake up the next morning to your cousin yelling for you. She says that she was up in Steadytree Town and she saw some shady looking characters hanging around. She decided that you and her would go talk to Prof. Maple and see if you could get your first Pokémon.
You head downstairs, where your Aunt is waiting for you. She allows you to go and get your Pokémon from Prof. Maple. Once you arrive at Prof. Maple's Lab, one of her other Aides says that she and Giovanni have gone to the Dragon Shrine in the eastern part of Risehome Town, and that you should go there if you needed to see her. You and Clair make your way to see Prof. Maple and Giovanni, you ask her about getting your first Pokémon, and she says that you are in luck because she has brought three Pokémon with her. You insist that Clair chooses first, but she declines, because it is your birthday, and you should choose first. You choose first, and then Clair chooses hers.

As soon as Clair made her choice the three of you are ambushed by two shady looking characters. You and Clair use your new Pokémon to battle the two shady characters, however in the excitement of battle you and Clair fail to notice that Prof. Maple and Giovanni are now missing. You and Claire look around, but can only find Giovanni’s hat, which must have fallen off when he and Prof. Maple were taken.

You and Clair rush back to your house to talk with your Aunt about what had just happened. You tell her about the horrible thing that just happened. After you tell your story you decide to check around town to see if there are any more clues to who took Giovanni and Prof. Maple. Near the entrance to Route 297 you find a note which reads: “Capture the Professor, and bring her to HQ. I will follow.” It seems that this plan was orchestrated by someone, but whoever wrote the note did not sign it.
Clair comes to the conclusion that Prof. Maple must know something that these people want. You two decide that you will try to find this ‘HQ’ and rescue Prof. Maple. Clair says that you can still be a Pokémon Trainer at the same time. She believes that if you train your Pokémon by defeating all of the Gym Leaders in Shiozu, you would be strong enough to defeat the people who kidnapped Prof. Maple and Giovanni.
The two of you return to Clair’s house and tell your Aunt your decision. She is proud of your decision to rescue Prof. Maple and Giovanni, and gives you permission to go. Your Uncle then gives you a pair of Running Shoes as a birthday gift.

And with that, you and Clair begin your quest for rescuing Prof. Maple, but with many questions, the most important being why exactly these people want Prof. Maple. What would she know that they were so desperate for that they would be willing to kidnap her? You won’t know until you find this ‘HQ’ and rescue Prof. Maple.

* Note that you can choose any name for yourself. Lance is the default name.

7. The New Pokémon of Shiozu

Pokémon Scarlet will contain 150 brand new Pokémon native to the Shiozu region.
Our Pokédex is still being developed so this list is subject to change, and will definitely fill up.

No. 001 STIPOLDOS - THORN Pokémon - Grass - Designer: Concore
No. 002 BARBATOPS - THORN Pokémon - Grass / Rock - Designer: Concore
No. 003 THORADON - THORN Pokémon - Grass / Rock - Designer: Concore
No. 004 MOLTAMB - KINDLE LAMB Pokémon - Fire - Designer: Sprite Killer, Riceeman
No. 005 FLAMIFLECE - BURNING LAMB Pokémon - Fire - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 006 INCINIRAM - IRON RAM Pokémon - Fire / Steel - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 007 WABOUY - LUNGFISH Pokémon - Water - Designer: Concore
No. 008 LIZOAT - LUNGFISH Pokémon - Water / Dragon - Designer: Concore
No. 009 FLAGOON - LUNGFISH Pokémon - Water / Dragon - Designer: Concore
No. 010 ROBLE - NESTING Pokémon - Normal / Flying - Designer: Concore
No. 011 BOBIN - NESTING Pokémon - Normal / Flying - Designer: Concore
No. 012 BASTICK - STICK Pokémon - Bug / Grass - Designer: Concore
No. 013 SHIMPLE - COCOON Pokémon - Bug / Grass - Designer: Concore
No. 014 MINIMOTH - MINAMALIST Pokémon - Bug / Grass - Designer: Concore
No. 015 MOSERVAE - LARVAE Pokémon - Bug / Water - Designer: Concore (Concept by Skaar)
No. 016 MOVOLENT - MOSQUITO Pokémon - Bug / Water - Designer: Concore (Concept by Skaar)
No. 017 ASQUITO - BLOODSUCKING Pokémon - Bug / Poison - Designer: Concore (Concept by Skaar)
No. 018 GERBOP - [???] Pokémon - Normal - Designer: Riceeman
No. 019 GERBOING - [???] Pokémon - Normal / Fighting - Designer: Riceeman
No. 020 HEDGETOX - POISON SPIKE Pokémon - Poison - Designer: Chibifibi (Concept by Lorem Ipsum)
No. 021 PORQUILL - POISON SPIKE Pokémon - Poison - Designer: Chibifibi (Concept by Lorem Ipsum)
No. 022 CARDI - REDBIRD Pokémon - Fire / Flying - Designer: Riceeman (Concept by Skaar)
No. 023 CHARDINAL - CARDINAL Pokémon - Fire / Flying - Designer: Riceeman (Concept by Skaar)
No. 024 VOLERY - BERRY MOUSE Pokémon - Normal / Grass Designer: Concore
No. 025 FLORRIRAT - BERRY MOUSE Pokémon - Normal / Grass - Designer: Concore
No. 026 BARROW - SAD Pokémon - Fire - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 027 RASTOV - BITTER Pokémon - Fire / Ghost - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 028 MURCIMOR - BITTER Pokémon - Fire / Ghost - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 029 JUMPGAROO - KANGAROO Pokémon - Normal - Designer: Chibifibi (Concept by eebit)
No. 030 NYMPHIN - MAYFLY Pokémon - Bug / Water - Designer: Riceeman
No. 031 DAMSENNA - DRAGONFLY Pokémon - Bug / Dragon - Designer: Riceeman
No. 032 ---
No. 033 ---
No. 034 ---
No. 035 CINISWILLI - BAKING Pokémon - Normal / Fire - Designer: Concore
No. 036 BRAINTLE - SWARMING Pokémon - Bug / Psychic - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 037 VENDLE - DECEIVING Pokémon - Poison / Ghost - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 038 ---
No. 039 ---
No. 040 ---
No. 041 ---
No. 042 SHLEEP - WOOLLY Pokémon - Psychic - Designer: Strelitzia
No. 043 SLUMBAA - DREAMER Pokémon - Psychic - Designer: Strelitzia
No. 044 ---
No. 045 ---
No. 046 ---
No. 047 DUMEER - DIGGING Pokémon - Ground - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 048 SURISAN - MEERKAT Pokémon - Ground / Fighting - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 049 FEARIT - TERRIFIED Pokémon - Normal / Ghost - Designer: Concore (Concept by Pokeyking)
No. 050 EVILIVE - EVIL Pokémon - Normal / Ghost - Designer: Concore (Concept by Pokeyking)
No. 051 BORTASH - [???] Pokémon - Fighting / Rock - Designer: Riceeman, Chibifibi (Concept by Concore)
No. 052 NOKROK - [???] Pokémon - Fighting / Rock - Designer: Chibifibi
No. 053 STALAGMIGHT - [???] Pokémon - Fighting / Rock - Designer: Chibifibi
No. 054 ---
No. 056 ---
No. 057 ---
No. 058 ---
No. 059 ---
No. 060 ---
No. 061 ---
No. 062 ---
No. 063 ---
No. 064 ---
No. 065 WHIRRIT - SPINNING Pokémon - Steel - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 066 TWIRRON - SPINNING Pokémon - Steel - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 067 TEOY - JOYFUL Pokémon - Light - Designer: Concore (Concept by Riceeman)
No. 068 SCARULB - SIGNAL Pokémon - Electric / Ground - Designer: Riceeman
No. 069 PHAROLT - GENERATOR Pokémon - Electric / Ground - Designer: Riceeman
No. 070 HYBIRD - DUAL ENERGY Pokémon - Grass / Electric - Designer: Concore (Concept by Skaar)
No. 071 TURBOLT - SHELL Pokémon - Electric - Designer: Riceeman (Concept by Skaar)
No. 072 SHELSHOCK - BOMBSHELL Pokémon - Electric / Rock - Designer: Riceeman (Concept by Skaar)
No. 073 KRYTE - KITE Pokémon - Fire / Flying - Designer: Chibifibi (Concept by eebit)
No. 074 FLIDER - GLIDER Pokémon - Fire / Flying - Designer: Concore (Concept by eebit)
No. 075 BROCIBAA - GROWING Pokémon - Grass - Designer: Concore
No. 076 VEGIRAM - VEGATABLE Pokémon - Grass / Ground - Designer Concore
No. 077 FRUITEWE - [???] Pokémon - Grass / [???] - Designer: Concore
No. 078 URCKLE - URCHIN Pokémon - Water - Designer: Strelitzia
No. 079 PUNKCHIN - PUNCTURE Pokémon - Water / Poison - Designer: Strelitzia
No. 080 ---
No. 081 ---
No. 082 ---
No. 083 ---
No. 084 ---
No. 085 ---
No. 086 ---
No. 087 ---
No. 088 DETONITE - COMBUSTION Pokémon - Dark / Fire - Designer: (Concept by ~Magma King~)
No. 089 VOLCANITE - MANIC Pokémon - Dark / Fire - Designer: (Concept by ~Magma King~)
No. 090 ---
No. 091 ---
No. 092 COFFIR - COFFIN Pokémon - Ghost / Ground - Designer: Riceeman
No. 093 CORPSIRI - DECEASED Pokémon - Ghost / Ground - Designer: Riceeman
No. 094 PIXXI - PIXIE Pokémon - Grass - Designer: Concore (Concept by Skaar)
No. 095 PRYTHE - MISCHIEVOUS Pokémon - Grass / Psychic - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 096 ELFLORA - ELF Pokémon - Grass / Psychic - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 097 FRAWN - FAWN Pokémon - Ice - Designer: (Concept by eebit)
No. 098 FREZELK - REINDEER Pokémon - Ice - Designer: (Concept by eebit)
No. 099 VAPRE - VAPOUR Pokémon - Water / Ghost - Designer: Riceeman
No. 100 EVAPORAYTE - VAPOUR Pokémon - Water / Ghost - Designer: Riceeman
No. 101 FREBI - ABUNDANT Pokémon - Fighting - Designer: Concore
No. 102 SIMPLUME - DISTRACTED Pokémon - Fighting / Flying - Designer: (Concept by Concore)
No. 103 BUBEE - [???] Pokémon - Bug - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 104 ABLEBE - [???] Pokémon - Bug / Dark - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 105 ---
No. 106 ---
No. 107 ---
No. 108 ---
No. 109 ---
No. 110 ---
No. 111 CORRADIA - RADIOACTIVE Pokémon - Poison - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 112 CORRUSAR - VOLATILE Pokémon - Poison / Ice - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 113 WENDIGOR - HUNTER Pokémon - Ice / Dark - Designer: Riceeman
No. 114 SLUSHPY - PLAYFUL Pokémon - Normal / Ice - Designer: Riceeman
No. 115 ??? - LOYALTY Pokémon - Normal / Ice - Designer: (Concept by Riceeman)
No. 116 ??? - FEARLESS Pokémon - Normal / Ice - Designer: (Concept by Riceeman)
No. 117 YAWNIC - TIRED Pokémon - Ppsychic - Designer: Concore
No. 118 BIBBOWACK - MONARCH Pokémon - Normal / Water - Designer: Riceeman
No. 119 GLORIF - SEPARATED Pokémon - Light - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 120 FARIVAL - SEPARATED Pokémon - Dark - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 121 RUFFBRANDT - ARTISTIC Pokémon - Normal - Designer: Concore
No. 122 HABIORRM - BAGWORM Pokémon - Bug / Grass Ground Steel - Designer: Concore
No. 123 ISSTAL - CRYSTAL Pokémon - Rock - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 124 RUBIS - RUBY Pokémon - Rock / Light - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 125 SAPHIX - SAPPHIRE Pokémon - Rock / Light - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 126 EMRIL - EMERALD Pokémon - Rock / Light - Designer: (Concept by Skaar)
No. 127 VELOCEON - SPEED Pokémon - Light - Designer: Concore
No. 128 HOCUS - WIZARD Pokémon - Psychic / Light - Designer: Concore (Concept by Asuran)
No. 129 POCUS - MAGICIAN Pokémon - Psychic / Dark - Designer: Concore (Concept by Asuran)
No. 130 WINDUR - [???] Pokémon - Ice - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 131 FURRICANE - [???] Pokémon - Ice / Dragon - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 132 MONOWAR - NERVE DAMAGE Pokémon - Poison / Electric - Designer: Concore
No. 133 ORUSOL - SOLAR HAWK Pokémon - Fire - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 134 SOLAWL - SOLAR HAWK Pokémon - Fire / Psychic - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 135 OISERA - SUN CARRIER Pokémon - Fire / Psychic - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 136 ---
No. 137 ---
No. 138 METRAZOR - BLADEBACK Pokémon - Rock - Designer: Strelitzia
No. 139 SPINOSAW - RAZORBACK Pokémon - Rock / Steel - Designer: Strelitzia
No. 140 TRIOCULA - [???] Pokémon - Rock / Water - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 141 GILLIKID - PATTERNED Pokémon - Poison / Water - Designer: Concore
No. 142 WARNETEEN - PATTERNED Pokémon - Poison / Dragon - Designer: Concore
No. 143 DULTATHAL - PATTERNED Pokémon - Poison / Dragon - Designer: Concore
No. 144 ---
No. 145 ---
No. 146 ---
No. 147 TRAGONY - EMOTIONLESS Pokémon - Dragon / Dark - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 148 LUCITER - SHINING Pokémon - Dragon / Light - Designer: Sprite Killer
No. 149 CONGINE - GRAVITY Pokémon - Steel / Dark Designer: Concore
No. 150 ATLANTIA - RUINATION Pokémon - Water / Psychic - Designer: Sprite Killer (Concept by eebit)

8. The Region of Shiozu

Shiozu.png

The Region
This section will fill up as the towns and landmarks are created, and properly named.
ShiozuNumbered.png

1. Risehome Town
2. Steadytree Town
3. Marshspring City

a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.

The land of Shiozu is a large and populous region, known for its warm tropical climate and several attractions. But it is also well known for the many mysteries and folklore surrounding it.
For generations, there have been several tales about the Dragon Gods and the balance of Dark and Light they have provided for the region ever since it came into existence. Tragony, the Dragon of Pain and Sorrow, and Luciter, the Dragon of Peace and Harmony.
There is also an ancient tale of a legendary city that was lost to the sea centuries ago, and a Pokémon so powerful that could destroy the entire region if ever awoken that rests there - Atlantia. It is also said that it was Tragony and Luciter who caused the fall of Atlantia, and who caused the lost city to be plummeted to the bottom of the sea in the first place all those centuries ago, solely to prevent Atlantia from destroying the region. And surely, if Atlantia was ever awoken from its ancient slumber, all hope would indeed be lost.
Are these legends true? Or simply just myth...?

9. The Main Characters

Lance
Lance.png

The Hero

Clair
Clair.png

The Heroine

Prof. Maple
Maple2-2.png

Top Pokémon Professor in Shiozu
Lance's Neighbor
Give Lance his first Pokémon

The Gym Leaders

Shelley
Gym Leader Of Marshspring City
Uses Bug Types

Boris
Gym Leader Of ???
Uses Normal Types

Amelia
Gym Leader of ???
Uses Flying Types

Charlie
Gym Leader of ???
Uses Fire Types

Caspian
Gym Leader of ???
Uses Water Types

Ms. Demina
Gym Leader of ???
Uses Ghost Types

Clint
Gym Leader of ???
Uses Rock Types

Sunni
Gym Leader of ???
Uses Light Types

10. Screenshots and Other Media

*All screenshots are from a test build of the game, and are subject to change
capture000-1.png
capture001.png
capture004.png
capture003.png
capture002.png
capture001-3.png

NewBattleScreens.png

11. Support Us

Do you want to support Pokémon Scarlet? If so, please add this banner into your signature. Obviously, this is not mandatory if you're looking to support us, but it would be nice to have a little extra advertising. :wink:

Code:
[center][url=http://www.arpgmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68755][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Scarlet/DevelopmentBanner.png[/img][/url][/center]

And thanks to Strelitzia, one of our incredibly talented artists, we have a cute little userbar for you to use. :)

Code:
[url=http://forums.pokemonscarlet.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/DragonMistress/ScarletsupportAtlantia.gif[/img][/url]

Thanks a bunch, to all supporters of Scarlet! We look forward to your continued enthusiasm!

12. Further Information

If you would like to receive any further information about the game, go ahead and join us, over at our forums. There is a link in my signature, but here is the link anyways.

http://forums.pokemonscarlet.com/index.php

We're always looking for new faces around there, and don't let the lack of activity get you down. We have just recovered from a server crash, so we're just hoping that someone will pop on by and offer their talents.

13. Want to help?
We are currently looking for a spriter who can help us sprite Trainers in DP style, and a Talented RGSS scripter. Also, we are looking for some musicians for the game, since we would LOVE to use custom tunes for Scarlet.

Thanks to everyone for their endless support. We'd be nowhere without you. On behalf of the Scarlet team, I hope you enjoy Pokémon Scarlet!

Wow, this is utterly impressive!
One thing: you have to add online multiplayer battles. it can be done with netplay and it would make this fangame a huge succes if released. About when do you think you will be releasing this?

By the way, this project has screenshots and has been worked on a lot, which means this project should be in project discussion, not concept development. That way, this project will bet much more attention.(which it deserves).

Say, there you are topic~ I thought I lost you... ;3;
I thought I did post this in Project Discussion, how very odd. Oh well, if a mod sees this maybe they could move it for me? That'd be lovely. :)

Thanks so much for your comments, gRaViJa! Although I'm not head of the project, I can tell you that online multiplayer is something we are looking into... Although, on a release date, I can't really pin something down... We've barely started the game! [This is probably the... third restart Scarlet has gone through.] I will ask Minor for you if NetPlay would be useful for multiplayer.

Nice job with the topic eebit. :P

For those who didn't read the team roster, I am Yuoaman, one of the mappers/writers for Scarlet. I'm the one who took all of the ideas thrown about by the Staff and formed it into the story you see in the original post, it actually wasn't that hard, as the staff was very thorough with their ideas.

I also mapped the town with the first gym in it, which you can't see in this thread at the moment.

I'm glad to see others like how Scarlet's coming along. :D

Your sprites are really blurry... Not even JPG blurry, just blurry. ;_;

This looks like a good project, if not a bit ambitious. I wish your team good luck!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Pokemaniac":23c0lzx8 said:
Your sprites are really blurry... Not even JPG blurry, just blurry. ;_;

This looks like a good project, if not a bit ambitious. I wish your team good luck!

Uhh, I'm not sure you understand the concept of blurry, they don't have a hint of it at all, and they're .png files anyways...

Care to point out where it is...

I can't say I really see it... But we've since changed both the trainer sprites and the overworld sprites. Guess I forgot to show them here, but they are at the forums. :) (The forums DO however seem to be very slow... It'd be nice to see some new faces... *winkwinknudgenudge*)

capture001-3.png

Here we see the new Lance trainer sprites. This makes him have an older appearance, which is what we're going for.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Pokemaniac":1ikkf2p1 said:
Lance.png
See how the body all melds together in a blurry mess? It's not technically blurry but that is certainly how it looks.

No, no I do not, I think you need your eyes checking or something to be honest... o.O

@eebit, the new trainer looks pretty cool, although the first did seem more of a trainer, he looks like he;s just come out of an 80's bar, haha, maybe it's the jacket o.O

Based on the usernames I see as team members, I have a question for you. Was this project originally posted at The Pokecommunity Forums? Before I stopped posting there, Poccil's kit had led to a thriving group of RMXP projects, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them. Incidentally, good work on what I can see so far. Much better than the generic games that forced me away from pokecommunity.

Edit: Actually, never mind. Just did a quick check, and managed to find it on the second page at pokecommunity. Looks like you are doing better than the average project over there, though.

Ive got Firefox and it looks ok.
This looks a good project, im liking the story line set before RBY. The story is compelling, we all know Giovanni turns out bad. That is an interesting twist
Are all your pokemon going to be new ones, or are you going to include others? (IE Geodude, Eevee etc)
Also your last gym leader is a master of light Pokemon, you include a new type?
What other features are you gonna include, that make it unique?
I hope this turns out well, it has the potential to.

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

Just one more day until the majority of our team gets into Christmas Break, so you'll be hearing from us a lot more after that. Minorthreat will resume his work on the game's development, and hopefully we'll have a little more than just screenshots to show off... ;)

But for now, allow me to show off a screenshot from our game...

capture001-1.png

This is our Pokemon Status Screen. It's been given a new look, seperating it from other fangames, as well as the official games. The hook of this is that the background colour of the status screen changes to match the primary type of the Pokemon that is being displayed. [In this case, Green for Grass, which is Stipoldos' main type.]

I've also updated our Pokedex, which has recently had a couple changes made to it. New Pokemon are now in the Pokedex, such as Slushpy and Nymphin, courtesy of Riceeman. :)

Glitchfinder":okzcmtdm said:
Based on the usernames I see as team members, I have a question for you. Was this project originally posted at The Pokecommunity Forums? Before I stopped posting there, Poccil's kit had led to a thriving group of RMXP projects, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them. Incidentally, good work on what I can see so far. Much better than the generic games that forced me away from pokecommunity.

Edit: Actually, never mind. Just did a quick check, and managed to find it on the second page at pokecommunity. Looks like you are doing better than the average project over there, though.

Yeah, this project has been posted in a number of places, including Creation Asylum, RPG RPG Revolution, and PokeCommunity. We're really trying hard to bring our own community back, and raise awareness for our project. It's an exciting thing for us!
Yeah, we're using Poccil's PokeEssentials. It's a phenomenal starter kit, and it really helps us out with what we're trying to accomplish. :)

LordGawain":okzcmtdm said:
This looks a good project, im liking the story line set before RBY. The story is compelling, we all know Giovanni turns out bad. That is an interesting twist
Are all your pokemon going to be new ones, or are you going to include others? (IE Geodude, Eevee etc)
Also your last gym leader is a master of light Pokemon, you include a new type?
What other features are you gonna include, that make it unique?
I hope this turns out well, it has the potential to.

Thanks! We hope we can please the people that follow our project.
Yeah, Light is our new type... It's kind of overdone, but it's a welcome addition to our game. :)
I can't really say what we plan to have, since some of it gets wrapped up into hidden features of the game, but we hope to have online, if we can get it working.
As for other Pokemon; yes, I do believe we plan to include them all... I may be wrong, however, so don't hold me to it! ;)

eebit:"We are currently looking for a spriter who can help us sprite Trainers in DP style"

Hi eebit, I'd like to help out in this department. I sent you a PM a while ago. Please check it!

Sorry for taking so much time to get back to you, chibi and Skaylea, I've just replied to your PM's. Sorry for the delays!

So anywho, onto game news...

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver have really changed the designs behind Lance and Clair, so likewise we here at Scarlet have been forced to reconsider our designs of both Lance and Clair, and guess what!

LanceClair.png

This is the outcome! Included here are the new frontview trainer sprites of Lance and Clair, as well as a sample of the overworld style we are using at Scarlet.

Tell us what you think about these new designs!

Hello everyone! I'm make a small update with a few pieces of official concept art for Pokemon Scarlet :)
BORTASH
concept043bortash.png

NOKROK
concept052nokrok.png

STALAGMIGHT
concept053stalagmight.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.