Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Perihelion: 22+14 = 36/100 Hours

Hmmm, I'm afraid I can't recommend a non-fictional novel on that topic, I don't know many fictional ones, either. Perhaps you could search the internet for terms such as 'typewriter changes'. I found this website, for example: http://objectofhistory.org/guide/changes/. Perhaps if you search for more inventions, you'll find what you need.
Probably not exactly what you wanted, but I hope this helped a little...

Thanks for the input! Anyway, I decided to completely rework my plot. It's pretty demoralizing, and I think I need to take some time off and go get involved in other stuff and come back to it with fresh ideas. I think it's the right decision, but I'm still annoyed. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to make my 100 hours, but if I do, it'll probably be me making a bunch of generic graphics rather than getting any hard development done. Oh well! Someday I will settle on a plot, or something. :sad:

Okay, after some thought, I've decided that I'm gonna put my game on hold for now and fill up the other 78 hours this month with pixel art, for this game or otherwise. I want to put some serious thought into the new direction of the game, including doing lots of research, instead of just cranking something out because I feel compelled to work on it for NaGaDevMo. Someday I'll stop making endless design changes and actually make a game (yeah uh I guess we'll see if that happens).

If it's just art, I think I might be able to get another 78 hours this month. I've been known to sprite for like 14 hours straight. I guess we'll find out!

Tuna

Awesome Bro

Glad to hear you're getting back to work on your goal, Peri. I'm still in need of pixels you know. :biggrin:

Did four hours of spriting today! I'm trying to finish the big piece I started a while back. It's not game-related, so I'm keeping track of the time separately, but I'll be happy if I get 100 total hours of productive time during November.

Latest WIP I could be bothered uploading:

mongol2-3.png

I started this as an exercise in depth because I was dissatisfied with the last big landscape I did. I think I'm pretty happy with the basic form of this. Now I just gotta clean up and detail everything and adfafgadfgsdfgsdfg gonna take forever. Oh well!

Worked for about another hour this morning. Mainly fixed up some perspective issues with the girl (the saddle looks more top-down now) and added more horses. I think I like the horses for more activity and a sense of scale.

mongol2-4.png

Maybe I should anti-alias between the green and the red on the horse, since the colors are biting a little bit, but meh, I hate to add an extra shade for such a small thing. We'll see.

Is that a serious suggestion? The ones I put on are already going to take me forever. :( It might be cool to have a whole herd, though.

Edit: Put in another hour.

Okay, I worked for another three (???) or so hours. Jesus christ horses arfgsgfsgfsfhsghsfhsgf why did I put so many in? Well whatever.

Nice to see I'm making good progress again now that I'm working on a big pixel piece, though. I hope this turns out well! Gonna take me forever to do all these stupid horses. I have about one done right now.

Spent another two-ish hours pixeling. Got 3/9 horses done-ish now, and a lot of the rest are small, so yay! I should work for a lot longer tomorrow. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.