Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Paradog v2.58 Battle Charsheet Question

I've got the Paradog System set up where it uses the #1 and #2 slots on a 4x4 spritesheet, how can i change it to a different sheet, so it shows attacking poses rather than the walking around outdoor ones? 

TIA

*edit* - If it's impossible or has to use some outrageous script call I'll try to set up with AnimBattlers again...i didn't want to ditch the system i have now, but i'm stuck, i can turn them with the numbers 0-3 for D, L, R, and U, and haven't found where the script tells the battle system to show the character walking...

Haki

If your second actor's graphic name is "010-Lancer02" then you need to import a characterset named "010-Lancer02_attack" in your "Characters" folder of the game.

Haki":3e3wajzk said:
If your second actor's graphic name is "010-Lancer02" then you need to import a characterset named "010-Lancer02_attack" in your "Characters" folder of the game.

It was, but i changed it to the 016-Thief01 char, and then added 016-Thief01_attack and as soon as he steps out to fight the game closes...the first char worked ok, but anymore than 1 char and it exits the program.

Haki

I think I know what the problem is. Did you set a battler graphic for your actor? You need to set a battler graphic with the same name as character graphic in order for this system to work.

NOTICE:
ParaDog finally updated (after two years) his ABS v 2.58 to ABS v 2.61.  Not many features added to the system.

Granted, the basis of this is really manipulating his 1.14 Sideview (Walking Graphic) script.

DerVVulfman":2jngfdbc said:
NOTICE:
ParaDog finally updated (after two years) his ABS v 2.58 to ABS v 2.61.  Not many features added to the system.

Granted, the basis of this is really manipulating his 1.14 Sideview (Walking Graphic) script.

Hmm, cool, I'll download it if I can find it, I dont like using his site japenese is beyond my reach of knowlege atm haha...I dont think thats gonna have what we're working on tho...I hope it is, but eh.....hehe

Good to see you around VVulf!!! haha =p

*edit* - oops, its not japenese, i dont know what that is......

Posted by: Haki 
Insert Quote
I think I know what the problem is. Did you set a battler graphic for your actor? You need to set a battler graphic with the same name as character graphic in order for this system to work.

K man you were right, turns out I only had one of the graphics imported into the character folder, but it is good to go now.  You are the man !!!!!!!1!!1!!1 

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.