Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

offset camera position [solved]

Hi, I'm after a quick tip for vx ace (I've just started using it yesterday as I usually run xp)

I'm using a rather large sprite for a side scrolling game that I'm working on as a side project.
however due to the sprites large nature, having the sprite positioned in the center of the screen means that I get a little too much floor and not enough of anything else.

what I am after is a tip on how to set the camera to still follow the player, but be offset so that the player is lower down on the screen.

I would just position the character towards the bottom of the map but there will be parts of this game where you descend so that wont work properly.

any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

thanks.

The camera only corrects itself when you move up doesn't it?
There's a few things I can suggest, but the first one would be pan the camera upward every time the player moves upward

I don't have the editor in front of me, but the centre coordinates are just numbers in scripts, so do ctrl+shift+f in the script editor to bring up the global search, search for "center", and look for something there, tinker with the numbers and see what you get.

thanks very muchly, I found it in the end thanks to you telling me about ctrl+shift+f, you can see the result if you like on the screenshot thread, I'm sure you will see why I needed to adjust the camera and will probably appreciate the work I have done so far on this project.

once again, thanks for the help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.