Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin

Although I think whales on stilts are the coolest things since sliced bread, that sprite sticks out like a sore thumb in that screenshot. The majority of it is one colour, with zero shading. That itself it fine, as many games work fine with that kind of cartoony styles. But right behind it is the RTP, which makes it look horrible. Here you have the RTP, with its intricate details and such, and then a giant blue whale with barely any details whatsoever. My suggestion is either change the whale (this goes for the penguins and other character sets too) or change the tileset. IMO it would be really awesome if you made a completely custom tileset for this game.

I'm okay with the whole no shading deal, but that eye lacks the "definition" (I lack the correct term) to the point that it looks as if the whale has no eyes.

Well, y'see, I'm lazy and will get around to doing the tilesets whenever the hell I feel like it >.>
It'll be done when it's done D:< Like right around when I run out of excuses <.<

I tried messing around with the eye, having it anatomically correct just... didn't look right o____O
Like it was STARING INTO YOUR SOUL @___e
Whale eyes are mostly black anyways.
Also they shoot lasers, so their eyes are probably burnt out anyways.
Or something.
STOP MAKING ME DO WORK D:
I'll probably fiddle with the eye color some more later.

o_o
MONOCLES

That's what they need :U

Go to items and use shurikens.
When was the last demo you played? Something like 2 years ago? o__o

More of a technical update, really.

New features:
  - All item windows will now show the number of items you can hold:
    http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6384/itemmaxxi9.png[/img]
    The number will still turn yellow if you can't carry any more. The reason for this is because of equipment. The max of any equippable item you can carry is 9. If you have, say, 9 bucklers, and have 2 equipped, it'll show up as a yellow 7/9 in the menus. This is because it's counting the 2 you have equipped. If it didn't, and you got 9/9 + 2 equipped, unequipping any would cause them to fall into the aether and vanish forever.
Another advantage of this is because I plan to maybe make quests ingame that you can do to raise the cap on how many of an item you can hold. Maybe.

- Having trouble with Pengzoda? You can now be a loser and use a cheat item to cut his health in half.
    Infinite uses, of course. And when I say loser, I mean everyone will refer to you as such for the rest of the game.
    http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4184/losercu7.png[/img]
    It will also work on other bosses. It will do nothing on normal enemies, but will still change your name. Too bad.

- Unlocked the 6th equipment slot. It will no longer be locked with the character's personal item (Pengoku's scarf, Mitzy's hat, etc.).
    Instead, these items will be equipped in a secret hidden 7th slot that you can't do anything with so you still get the stat bonuses.

Bug fixes:
  - Trying to hotkey characters no longer crashes the game! Or does anything!

- No longer able to get to the character menu in the intro, because you're not supposed to anyways. Removed the penguins that follow you around from your party instead of just turning off the caterpillar.

- All the NPCs should use the correct /rgb now!

Am I missing anything? >.>;

i cant c da pictures but hmm i have a questrion. does it hav rtp and abs?? cus dbs is for noobs but thi sounds good sounds good

You've been warned about making thoughtless and spammy posts before. One more warning is going to get you temp banned for two weeks. ~Killface

Another technical update.

Man, I rule.

Added TP moves:
iyq7hx.png

Build TP by attacking/getting hit/using certain items/spells. Enemies build TP in the same way and can also use their own TP attacks. The maximum for TP is 300, and the minimum to use a skill is 100. Using a TP skill drains ALL your tp. Obviously the more TP you have when you use the skill, the stronger it'll be. Piercing Shot, for example, has 15% armor penetration at 100%, whereas at 300% it has almost 50%. And yes, I know the % is on the wrong side in the screenshot. It's 1 am. Bite me.

29e517a.png

POW. Of course, the more defense the enemy has, the more noticable the skill's damage will be.

The pose Pengoku is in when he's using the skill is also an example of the new animation system that I may or may not have already mentioned. Instead of adding poses onto the spritesheet, I've made it so certain skills will read a pose with any number of frames, while the animation is playing. In other words, I can make the characters zip around the screen without having to make a seperate animation for every weapon/character. It uses one animation and reads a pose file like this one:
261lwte.png

Also fixed an odd bug that would cause the game to freeze up if you had a slip damage state (such as poison). I honestly don't know WHY it was doing that, but it's fixed now.

I changed the main menu so it uses a charset sprite instead of a face graphic, because really, they're penguins. They all have the same face.

Lastly, I need a name for her:
2njlowg.png

Her last name is Pengyu. The bow was complete ass to sprite.

...I should probably remove Pengoku's giant eyebrows. I'm tired of him looking angry all the time when nobody else does.

Did the forum eat all the

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.