Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mighty No. 9

MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png

Heard it came out today. Lackluster reviews. Downloading it anyways because I don't have many kid friendly games for my niece and nephew. Preparing for buyers remorse - I'm doing it for them. I'm doing it for them.
The advertisements might be a lesson in how not to sell your game. Imo, a random guy telling me it'll be fun & challenging isn't very convincing. Trying hard to be funny, I guess that tells you it's a light-hearted game. But I think they should have let the characters Beck & Call do the talking. It feels like an ad for a casual browser game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

I haven't played enough megaman to know how this plays differently. But after a couple hours and 2 stages, the pattern seems to be - First half is a cake walk, you can sprint through. Last half is an instant death obstacle course, it almost make having a Health bar pointless except for the boss battles.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

coyotecraft":3uv9z7vy said:
Last half is an instant death obstacle course, it almost make having a Health bar pointless except for the boss battles.

Sounds like megaman. LOL.

Hybrida":2dqb36lh said:
coyotecraft":2dqb36lh said:
Last half is an instant death obstacle course, it almost make having a Health bar pointless except for the boss battles.

It is Megaman. This is what happens when a Company stops releasing games of a beloved series. Fans start making their own games and selling them for $20. I really want to play it and it's on my wishlist along with Bro Force (a Contra lookalike, by the way), but I'm going to wait for the price to drop.

The bosses are pretty challenging. I managed to beat the Aviator pretty easily.

So I get to the Cryo boss and something weird happened. Somehow I ended up "infront" of everything. Nothing is touching me, My default blaster shoots past everything. Only attacking in my aviator form do I hit anything. So I was able to beat that boss standing still.

Update:
Saved all the robots. Stuck at the Robot factory. I just burn through all my lives on instant kill walls you have to slow drop through. I know what I have to do, it just takes skill to do it.

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

Juan J. Sánchez":nt69g7c7 said:
Hybrida":nt69g7c7 said:
coyotecraft":nt69g7c7 said:

It is Megaman. This is what happens when a Company stops releasing games of a beloved series. Fans start making their own games and selling them for $20. I really want to play it and it's on my wishlist along with Bro Force (a Contra lookalike, by the way), but I'm going to wait for the price to drop.
Bro force was available for free PS+ and it was terrible

Spoo

Sponsor

I've been hearing disappointing things about this game, which is kind of a shame. Megaman is a series close to my heart, and when Keiji Inafune announced this project I was pretty hyped up. By the looks of things, though, he conceptualized MNN and more or less left it alone. Gonna play it myself eventually, but I'm tempering my excitement.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.