Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

looking for options menu

Hi, im looking for a small options menu script for RMXP that dont require any
additional scripts to make it run, (like the ACE options script).

I just need some things in it..

windowskin change, font change, battle music change..

just a small centered window in middle of the screen that shows the map ur on in the
background, each option u'd use left or right to go through each available font,
windowskin, or battle music. The font will NOT need a size changer either, i'm
happy with the font size as it is standard size :)

The script would have to allow me to just add the name of each thing to make it
appear as an option in the menu.. :)

ANY scripter out there who'd be willing to help please? i've tried MANY option menu's
but some either dnt work or there's way too many other scripts that has to make it
work.. of course, full credits given.. :)

我看了一下你的游戏,你使用的是仿造最终幻想的菜单,这个菜单的兼容性很差,你想拓展的话可能很难,比如你说的那个问题:创建图形失败,我建议你还是改默认的菜单

??? and allen2014 I think your full of crap.. LOL! my menu is NOT final fantasy.. and it's NOT a fake
script... LOL! go troll somewhere else and NOT on ALL my posts you stalker. This post is about me
want ing a script made.. NOT one that has already been made.. geez!

decanos78":fn3samz9 said:
??? and allen2014 I think your full of crap.. LOL! my menu is NOT final fantasy.. and it's NOT a fake
script... LOL! go troll somewhere else and NOT on ALL my posts you stalker. This post is about me
want ing a script made.. NOT one that has already been made.. geez!
Calm down dude, there is nothing to get mad about. He's just trying to help; you need to take Google Translate with a grain of salt. Allen2014 is generally quite well mannered when it translates correctly.
I think what he meant was that your Final Fantasy-esque menu has poor compatibility, probably because it may be overwriting more than it needs to or just overwrites a lot. Using the bitmap error as additional evidence, he simply suggested that you change menu scripts for the better.

From what I saw of your game from the thread, there isn't any easy way to make a script magically plug into the menu you are using right now, so I completely understand his answer. If you are having issues with this one, I agree with him. I haven't looked at the menu code, but it doesn't appear to be similar to the default menu in any way so I wouldn't be able to make a script plug into it even if I tried (by adding the extra option to the command window which now doesn't exist) without having the script made specifically for said menu.

well i apologized for my mis-readings of allen's posts cos of google translate, lesson learned,
dont translate google anything, but in anycase.. i will just scrap that idea for now, thanks for
ur help and suggestions.

That progress thread is OLD.. i lost that game unfortunitly to an issue with the game not loading
up or anything from the editor so I couldnt carry on with it.. so basically i started again recently
from scratch, so im having to find all the scripts ect.. i was using other than the materials and
the 23 odd custom musics i payed for to be made for my project cos those i still got access too,
thank god.. LOL!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.