Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Levelable Fishing System Tutorial

This is something I created a while back, and I've decided to share it. However, this is my first tutorial, so it's not as great as some others (that is, all of them). Basically, it's a regular fishing system, but with one main difference: the player can level up their fishing skill. It's a little clumsy, but it works. I used it to adjust the chance of catching a fish, but with some adaptation it can be used to do whatever, such as adjust the type of fish found,
I won't go into too much detail about the fishing system, as there are already several good tutorials about it. If you need to know more about fishing systems, check out xXdarkDragonXx's tutorial. Mine does differ a little though.
You'll need 4 variables and either 2 or 3 common events.
My system that I created has three types of fish, so I needed 5 items. (Pike, Salmon, Swordfish, Fishing Rod, Bait)
A demo map is attached.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.