Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

just noticed something in project discussion

Rye

It isn't called "Finished Projects" but "Project Discussion" so it really shouldn't matter if there are many finished ones or not. They are there for discussion. :3

Well, instead of the completely pointless and redundant "demo thread" there should probably be a "finished works" thread, LOCKED to members, that's entry is dictated by mods to avoid any 2 minute "complete" games from screwing up the system like before. It had a point last time we tried that, it was just too open to the public and, as the enterbrain site demonstrates, when you open something up to the public and dont check up on it regularly a large portion of it turns out to be crap.

Nix

A couple things are in the Downloads section (at the top of the screen), but they're not much.

Wait a while, kiddo. The RTP challenge will be drawing to a close, soon, as will the Defaultus (I think), so a couple games should pop up soon. :D

Oh, and be sure to check out Outlaw City, as has been said before. It's a neat game.

@ryanwh: That is actually a good idea, and I don't say that to too many ideas. You should try to get it established.

Anonymous

ryanwh said:
Well, instead of the completely pointless and redundant "demo thread" there should probably be a "finished works" thread, LOCKED to members, that's entry is dictated by mods to avoid any 2 minute "complete" games from screwing up the system like before. It had a point last time we tried that, it was just too open to the public and, as the enterbrain site demonstrates, when you open something up to the public and dont check up on it regularly a large portion of it turns out to be crap.

The major problem with that is that the staff then has to play all the games touted as finished. I still haven't finished Outlaw City.

ccoa said:
The major problem with that is that the staff then has to play all the games touted as finished. I still haven't finished Outlaw City.
You could take the word of someone who finished, or read the feedback or something. Idunno. I mean, is there any doubt that MOTW, Dark Eternal, and Outlaw City arent finished? It wouldnt have to be right after the game's release, merely at a point in time when, by whatever means, a game is confirmed as complete, conclusive, etc. and not in that 10 minute farce kind of way.

Erk

In theory, the RRRB should be getting applications from finished games and that should be a way of publicising them, but I realise that is not the case in practice. Ryan does have a point though; it doesn't have to be all that heavily regulated. Games announced as finished and then proved to be otherwise could be stricken from the list, and repeat offenders issued Warnings. Community watch is often an effective way to go. To keep too many instagames from making the list there could be a 1 hour minimum length, or something to that effect.

In theory, the RRRB should be getting applications from finished games and that should be a way of publicising them, but I realise that is not the case in practice.

I think it has to do more with the lack of games than lack of RRRB doing it's job. Lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.