Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Just Checking In

Hi guys,

Firstly I'm going to forgo the usual WhY hAvEn'T i BeEn ArOuNd speech because you know it verbatim by now.

I just wanted to fill you in on what's going on in the world of Ellie as I know my absence has now been extended from HBGames. I do apologise.

Long story short I have just left hospital after a week. I have had elective, but challenging, surgery. Recovery is going to be difficult and extended, which could mean to things for future game making, but we will see. I am ok at the moment. I am ahead on recovery but that doesn't make things any less traumatic when they happen and I know what is coming.

So. The gammak!

Following last year's game creations - finally getting some games out there in the form of Sneks and Demons and a few shitpost games - I do want to dive back into game development. I have twelve weeks off work but that is recovery time. It MAY be that part of my recovery is sitting at home making games. I don't feel up to it right now.

My intention is to recreate Dragonfable but fixing many of its ills particularly how whitewashed the game is. Presently I have recreated the battle system pretty thoroughly working through a list. Still some way to go.

image-3.png
bafkreigl7eoz7wjfmlgj3w4k5v3codjii74tvui5f7dozrqtgx5qcjmy6u.jpg
bafkreiayjggdudndo57hdnhybm4nn2navp2nhaj3aiy7uyvodyhhbxbjly.jpg

This isn't a super serious game but it could be in future scope. Aim is to have everything complete and functional before moving on to the next step and there is a list I am working through.

Who knows, it could be the Next Big Thing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.