Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Just a few questions

Tenmou

Hi!
My friend and I are new to RPG Maker VX and we're struggling to find help on some of the basics such as;

• How to gain an item from a specific event/character/NPC and being able to pass it on to another character/NPC. For example when an NPC asks you to take a potion to another NPC.
  • Start with just one character like in typical RPG's and recruitment of Party members as the story progresses.
  • To make sure an event only happens once and is not repeatable again, for example in one off/special events.

Tenmou

Yeah, I have other events; these mainly include doors, NPCs, a treaure chest and a statue.

Here are the page 4-7 screen shots:

Also, there is a nun character involved in this cut scene, here are some screenshots of her even pages:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8169/reginun1vh2.png[/img]
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1945/reginun2uk0.png[/img]

Thanks for helping by the way, I'm at a loss for what to do.

regi

Sponsor

I don't know, none of the events seem to have any problem. Are you positive every single blank event page is on Action Button?

If all else fails, you can try uploading a demo. I don't have VX, but someone else might download and give it a try.

Tenmou

Regi":nf0uu7sk said:
I don't know, none of the events seem to have any problem. Are you positive every single blank event page is on Action Button?

If all else fails, you can try uploading a demo. I don't have VX, but someone else might download and give it a try.

Yeah, every blank page is set to Action Button. This one's a toughie. Maybe I should just try and re-make the whole cutscene. 

May I offer a modest suggestion?

It looks to me like your cut scene's scripting uses a large number of different switches to do things.  Do you really need to use all of them?  It may be easier to keep track of things if you either just run through it in one big event, or, at least, instead of several different switches, use only one variable for different parts of the cut scene.

I still have a week or so on trial for VX.  (I may buy it. I dunno.  I like XP, but...)  Anyway, if you can post a link to a downloadable of your game, I could take a look at it and try to puzzle it out.

Tenmou

Thanks guys. :smile:
I've just uploaded a zip file of the project folder, is that what you mean when you say demo?

Here it is anyway, some things may have changed a little since those screen shots where I've been trying to figure it out.

Edit: I've figured it out, thanks for all the help guys. I went with Unka Josh's suggestion about making it all in one event.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.