Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

January Blues Contest (coming in the new year)

I like the idea, but for this contest it may be a little too restrictive, especially while there's so little in the resources board. But for the next contest I think it's something that could work well.

Some news, I have ordered my laptop, and it should be here in 11-13 days.

If it's alright with everyone (and I ask because I know it can ruin people's schedules and such) this may be pushed back to start a bit later in January. There aren't many people around, my laptop came much, much later than anticipated, and I'd like to get the eZine and other things done to a high quality before what is essentially a mass invitation to join the site.

I will do an announcement at least a week before the contest starts, and if we can discuss a date that would be even better; if we're set on "around the 1st" that's fine, but maybe the 14th would give us two weeks for the Christmas inactivity to settle down rather than people going back to work and all of a sudden having a contest thrust upon them, etc.

Not that I can definitely say I'm going to have the time to participate (lol I have the time to check 2 or so threads every couple of weeks sometimes), but mid-January would be a better start time for me if I were going to try this! The past few weeks have been like aodjsgapkdojgapeojga with all the holidays and I still have to find places for everything (and spend time enjoying presents >_>).

Jason

Awesome Bro

Where will be be posting our game threads, just the usual project development board, or will we be having some sort of new January Blues entry board?

There will be a general board dedicated to the contest, but content will be allowed anywhere and will be moved afterwards anyway, the board will just serve as a catching net while the contest runs.

Princess Amy":1s2rnywl said:
Date confirmed as January 14th; more official threads will be appearing soon.
Wait is that the start or end of it xD I feel stupid for asking.
If it's the start date, what's the end date?

I've been loading up with work. But this should be enough time for me to do what I've been planning.
I'll be using vxAce since I already own it. But I'm thinking of a visual novel or something like a dating sim (sans the dating) that involves time, item, money management.
So it'll mostly involve character portraits and backdrops.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.