Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How is PDEF determined?

Hiya,

I'm new here and I'm hoping to find some answer. It seems to me that PDEF values in player armor actually doesn't matter at all at least in RMXP. For instance :

My mage has a PDEF of 60. My fighter has a PDEF of 150. There are no elemental resistances of any kind.
However, in battle against an enemy with STR 50 and ATK 50 they both take around 150-160 damage - there doesn't seem to be any difference.

Is there something I'm missing? :P Do the numbers simply not add up that way (though I am using the base Bronze armor for the fighter)?

Thanks in advance!

Double check that the skill being used on them deals physical damage rather than magical damage. If the enemy is just basic attacking them, there may be an issue with the damage calculations in your script.
4febdbf5a8.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.