Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How could we improve your HBGames Experience

Is there anything in your day to day lives on HBGames that would be improved by a little tweak, a modification, or us doing something a little differently? How could we better accomodate you?

(Even little things like "it would be nice is x feature was a little more readable/findable").

Jason

Awesome Bro

*It would be nice if Hybrida was banned... or better yet, not banned but not able to post, so he can still read the stuff we say about him :thumb:

On a more serious note, is there a way we could change the overall font and font size of the forums from our control panels at all? I know Arial is easy enough to read and stuff, but over the last few years, as a side effect of my seizures (Or so my doctor tells me), I've been getting headaches more frequently from reading small text, and whenever I've been writing things in Word, I've been using a slightly larger font size, and switching from Arial to Calibri, it's a minor change, but seems to put less stress on my eyes... of course, this is only from looking at walls upon walls of text and not single forum posts and stuff... was just wonder if it would ever be an option, or if it already is and I just don't know, lol

*Only saying because I'm about 92.7% sure I'm right in assuming what he said is the reason you've made this thread

I can definitely do that. I'll add it to my to do list.

And yeah Hybrida made me think maybe I should do something around here for once.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Much appreciated, cheers :cheers:

... And what do you mean for once? You're always doing things around here... don't let him get to you, you know he's just a prick that has nothing better to do, you're better than this! :thumb:

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

It's gonna get very dull without me here. I can guarantee that.

As for fixing this place. I dunno. It's all about volume and traffic to me. I don't think it can be fixed, so I'm departing officially January 1st, 2017.

I'm experimenting with something called 'Unity'. I wanna make games using that engine or system. However, good luck Amy.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Would be nice if you do actually leave for good... just sayin', maybe you could even request a ban to stop yourself ever coming back? That'd be even better!

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

You should stop teasing me already. What you're doing right now is why I'm so passive aggressive to everyone here, and to people never talked to... Doing that gives me a natural hostility towards everyone. Understand?

Your brain works something like this: "I Really enjoy messing with this dude, it's entertaining. If he's banned that will give me security. So I'll go for that so I can feel better about my pathetic life."

You're very transparent, Jason. Your plan won't work. I don't want you to feel secure. Obviously.

This thread is already a waste of time, and 7 years too late. Logically. The effort is highly appreciated. That counts for a lot. :heart:

Jason

Awesome Bro

I don't really think you have the right to tell me how my brain works, especially considering you've gotten it all wrong, I give zero fucks about security, you can do or say anything you like about me, feel free, it won't do anything except give you a boner because you can pretend to be some almighty God online... what I actually want is for you to go away because it's not fair on people such as Amy, people who actually put hard work and effort into the site, trying to keep it running (Mainly just Amy, but still), and you just sit there mocking everything that's being done to try and improve the community... I'm not saying any of this for my sake, but for others, because you are mentally fucked and think it's fun to degrade people who actually want to do something productive... in short, this is nothing to do with security, you just simply don't belong here, and I, along with many other uses, would appreciate it if you could just leave and not come back, preferably sooner rather than later.

Anyway, this isn't the thread to talk about this, it's how to improve the forums, so if you want to carry on pretending to be king of your fictional world, feel free to do so in the proper thread.

I discussed over on RMMV.co how a community RM game should be handled and the problems that prior community RM games had. I wonder if that would be a good idea again. My thoughts are basically a github open-source MV game that has an online multiplayer component to reflect its community origins and not turn it into a story-focused epic adventure but make it a little public MV project to tweak and improve upon.

Maybe a bit like net-hack.

Would require someone actually coming up with an idea and building the foundations of the game and then becoming the project maintainer and then a load of writing about how to clone the project, make changes and then submit pull requests. And would also require hosting as web deployment is probably the better idea for that sort of MV project.

I think one that had plugins would work best. Because then you don't have to worry about who has it out for editing. You.might make maps for it, or NPCs, etc.

Princess Amy":2el3g5om said:
I think one that had plugins would work best. Because then you don't have to worry about who has it out for editing. You.might make maps for it, or NPCs, etc.
That's why I think a git hosted project would work out. I'm pretty sure MV stores its content quite plainly (isn't it all json?), so even complex things like maps and databases can be contributed by multiple people and get merged together.

Have it under the HBGames.org branding with HBGames.org as the host for the working project. Can probably set up a system that deploys the git project into a working web hosted MV game automagically, so no-one needs to actively keep it up to date with the latest version.

The idea of a community project isn't along the lines of improvements for the forum, but I think an open-source RPG is something that could get a lot of people interested in and around the community. Would take some work to get it started and I'm pretty sure everyone here have their own projects on the go right now.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Princess Amy":215klgjs said:
You don't get to post in this thread if it's with a negative attitude or to argue. I am personally offering my time here.

*Sigh* You rather dance around the real problem.
How dare I be negative when someone is allowed to continually take jabs at me. Silly me.

Do you see the problem yet Amy? Do understand what just happened in this thread?

On normal forum site this is what happens next:
"Okay Jason leave Hybrida alone. Hybrida leave Jason alone. Anymore nonsense and I'm passing out warnings."

This is called moderating, and De-escalation of a situation. That's non existent here. I'm sure you know the consequences of that. Imagine America or the UK with no laws.

But here at HBG this happens:
"We're only gonna focus on your actions, and punish you only. Outraged will only be directed against you, because we know that other dude. We're closer to him so we'll ignore his actions."

This mistake was made with that barcode dude. I'm sure you remember how that ended. "We know him well let him get away with it..." BAM!!

Resolving problem between members would improve the experience greatly. I saw too many good members rage quit, only for you guys to mock them in the REC room. What the hell kind of behavior is that?! This isn't just about me. I'm speaking for all of them right now.

I wont post anymore in this thread out of respect. I've said what I needed to say. Put the obvious bias aside and just think about it for a little while, if you're so serious about improving things.

In all seriousness, good luck Amy.

I'd ask you this then: when is the last time you were punished in any way?

And when is the last time we even had a rage quit? 2009?

I was thinking about making new Topic Icons. Just because we have PS3 and no PS4, that's going to feel out of dated real soon.
If there are any requests, I'll make them.

Oh, I know. How about one for Steam?

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Princess Amy":x7vdshma said:
I'd ask you this then: when is the last time you were punished in any way?
Exactly. Lawless peace doesn't work with everyone. This is the lesson. I'm %100 positive it would have just been me being punish as always. You gotta be Fair. That's the problem. I highly doubt fairness can happen. It's why we're lawless currently... Not wanting to deal with the problem could be a factor as well. I dunno.

However, the focus of consequences is always directed at me alone, never those who escalate the problems. Nothing ever happens to them. A desolate location called   did a similar scenario to me, and they suffered for it. Still to this day I dunno who avenged me, but I surely enjoyed it. Karma?

And when is the last time we even had a rage quit? 2009?
Insufficient data, but I'm sure it's around 2013 according to some sources I won't reveal. It's an estimate, but surely beyond 2009. Some rage quits can actually happen silently... Some people were actually smart enough not to give you guys what wanted. An explosive exit.

If this place ever becomes extremely popular again, just be fair to everyone. Don't exclude people from punishment just because you know them. That is called corruption. Dont have field day roasting a person after they leave. Again, good luck.

STEAM_zpslmaozuai.gif
STEAM2_zpscjdgeukv.gif

PS4_zpsgsinoaxb.gif
PS4b_zpsrrpk8xeg.gif
PS4c_zpsfnr7sgjv.gif
PS4d_zpsmutz8xjv.gif
PS4d2_zpsza0mjydq.gif

I tried not going straight black and white.
Edit: More blue options
Edit2: Maybe I should just do the PS logo and not worry about if it's 3, 4, PSP, Vita. It's hard to predict what people might want to talk about, if anything at all. Maybe we should go more square icons...
Edit3: Mobile? Android and iPhone separately?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.