Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

HELP NEWBIE ><;!!

Well,I'll go strait to the point...I need help,loads of help...and preferable a patient teacher(s) to help me out ><;.

I've got these amazing story lines in my head (working on three projects at the moment),I don't really need mapping advice,I already know how to make maps.

But my problems are the events...I need some basic info on how to use them and preferable some examples that shows their function.You'll probably say: There are tutorials!!-Or even- check and re-check....well,no...coz if my natal language would've been English and if I was an expert in ICT,than I wouldn't have been asking for this + its allot easier for newbies like me (bunny brains,in other words) to interact with people that have loads more experience than me AND a lot more patience than me too,than watching a tutorial,that doesn't even answer the popping questions at that moment.

so,yeah...help please ^^;?

Here's my problem, I don't know how to use those event buttons.
Even simple stuff like making a chest is a world war for me with those buttons,I really need help and a patient person to give me that.

If someone of you would be so nice to explain me,these basic tree things,I owe you guys allot!!(+ I like testing games and help people make it even beter):

the tree basic things are: >>> the weather (I already succeeded in making it sound like rain,but not making it look like a rainy weather,or even letting it rain --;)

>>> How to make a simple chest quest

>>> making cut scenes

I've got more questions but I'll start with these ones first.

Anybody,help?

umm,I think tutorials...coz then I could try making myself....

and about the BGS,how can we change the bgs in a certain event,coz I tried and the sound (when the event runs),doesn't change...

Hi, hiromomiji.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what your first sentence was. Were you asking for the tutorials section of this website? Because it's right there, an entire section of the forums.

Change BGS works fine under normal circumstances. Would you mind posting a screenshot of your event code?

voila^^!

bgschange.jpg

Huh. There's nothing in that that should cause a problem with changing the BGM, by itself. (That change isn't going to go away, though, so you might want to consider changing it back afterwards.)

Do you have any Parallel Process events on this map that do anything with background music or sound?

Wait, your problem sounds familiar, hopefully I'll try to explain what I THINK on what your problem is, here goes, ok basically if I were hiromomiji:

"I need help, cause when a respective map has it's own BGS already like Waves, I can't do anything to change it to another BGS since it's already the BGS set in the map's properties, how can I make an event in a map with Wave BGS in it where the scene goes to an earthquake then change BGS to earthquake, but unfortunately, when i go out of the map and go back, it's still the wave BGS?!"

Hope I caught your point of view hiromomiji. :(

O.o,wow,you really are allot more advanced than me,but yes,it was indeed something like that!But I must've done something wrong too,coz, I fixed my problem and suddenly (maybe I pushed a wrong button,or something),but it reappears *sight*.

Can any of you tell me how the hell we fade out the screen in black and make a cutscene(with the sound changing!!),coz I'm staring to get dépressif *snif*.

Unless there already is a thread with these explanations :blank:

hiromomiji":eu0mgwj7 said:
Can any of you tell me how the hell we fade out the screen in black and make a cutscene(with the sound changing!!),coz I'm staring to get dépressif *snif*.

Fade to black and make the sound change? I think I can help you with that.
1> Create a new event
2> In the event commands, select change screen colour tone (its on the second page, bottom left side)
3> Move all the sliders to the left (so they are all 0) and choose how long you want it to take before it fades to black.
4> Select wait... (its on the first page, top left side)
5> Set the wait command to be the same as the length you chose in the change screen colour tone (step 2)
6> Add in whatever dialog you want to add (Show Text)
7> Select play bgs (second page, center-right)

There you go. Fade to black and change the sound. Just for an added touch (you said you was using quake, right?) try using screen shake, which is on the second page right below the change screen colour tone command. I hope this helps. :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.