Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

GubiD's Tactical Battle system Error

Hi, I am using the latest version of GTBS with RMXP. I keep getting an error when some of my enemies move. It says "No Method error occured. Undefined method for nil_class". Here is the part in the script it directs me to. I put a * next to the line in question the error message tells me:

def find_move_position(move, move_positions, routes)
# ok, so we want to now find the best movable position for the character.
# first thing to check is if they can move, if not return their current position.
# otherwise, we need to determine if they can attack their 'attack position'
# without moving. So we will need to generate the attack grid to see if they
# can attack that position without moving from their current position. If not
# then they will do so, but if they can, they should do that, then escape to a
# safe distance. At least that is the way the AI is built. Examine the code
# for more details if you are interested.
if move
* @active_battler.current_action.move_pos = [@active_battler.x, @active_battler.y]
@active_battler.current_action.before_move = true
else
attack = false

I think my enemies aren't moving correctly for some reason. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.