Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Greetings from TriangleGM, plus pictures!

Hi all, I haven't really posted anywhere since RPGRevolution died, but I have been working on making a game with retro graphics (which is about all I can do, but I like it that way anyhow). Here's a flicker with some screen shots.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141115249@N02/
Some of these are from gameplay, and some are from the utility (such as my overworld tile set).
And yes, that is a bard attacking the entire group with a sonic attack.
That was not easy for me to figure out, since I've had to learn scripting as I go.
The "first chapter" is complete, taking the player through acquiring a full party of characters, meeting the villains, and setting off the long-term plot points. I'm estimating it at around 2-4 hours of gametime so far depending on how you play.
I recently replaced the main font, and now have to re-space all of my dialogue. So, that has kind of stunted my progress.

Hi there, Triangle. Those tileset assets are kind of neat looking. Maybe a little low-res and undetailed but they're pretty retro in a cool way and remind me of the good ol' NES classics.
Looking forward to seeing more info, and welcome to HBGames.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.