Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fantasia~ Demo Disk Released!

This game may not be for everyone, please read the CCC Tolerance Advisory before trying to appoint any sort of ill-willed opinions or impose any sort of poorly-conceived notions that I am breaking a social construct that you may claim to defend. Though there is a very high likelihood I don't give a shit, so you could just not bother and save everyone a lot of time.
DYgK0Aa.png

We face in fall now, the Demons who hail from beyond our reality and all known realities. They who Embody both Fear and Power.

The Supreme Rulers of the Cosmos, not benevolent- and we are what they seek to remove.

Imperfections from their perfect future.

They are... The Twins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zi3S1t6h9g

DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING THE TRIANGLE IMAGE BELOW!

wvL8M4z.png
Fantasia started out with me thinking of Touhou, and mixing it with my universe and making a game out of it, this idea blossomed and turned into what is soon to release. The Plot of Fantasia is thick and expansive, with twists around every corner. The game marks the penultimate chapter of the Biztopian Cosmos, sealing the freedom of it's inhabitants at last, or destroying them all, leaving nothing behind. The conclusion is unset.

When asked I tend to call the game a Story-focused plot-heavy Character-driven existential epic. It deals with themes of Imperialism, Fatalism, and deals heavily with the Existential and the ugly sides of people when the chips are down.
ubmwQZt.png
Starting in 2133, 21 years after the events of the 314th Clash... three girls blossoming into maturity are set upon by a massive unnerving adventure to save not only themselve,s or even their world, their galaxy, or even entire universe. The stakes are all of the reality they dwell in itself.

Meanwhile, two shadowy figures plot to erase the imperfections getting in the way of their perfect future. An Insidious Architect and an Immoral Messenger seek to remove mortal freedom and yet again enforce complete dominion over the Cosmos- over reality itself. A better more epic diagnoses in the story trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0aJbW7nmnk
MwIVRQp.png
It's like a grounded combination of Touhou and Binding of Isaac. Unlike in both it does require you to be moderated with your fire as you do have limited energy, and while it does recharge, you can't continually stream out your projectiles and expect to have no issues.
The game features an easy to remembered configuration for keybindings.
A is for Attack
S is to Skedaddle
D is for Drive (not in the demo, unlocked with progression.)
F is for Friend

Pressing F will switch between your active field agent, when a field agent gets exhausted- you will automatically switch to your next available, and if none are avilable...

Game over.

But battles aren't super common, the game is more so of a puzzle-based plot walk-around with a boss every now and then.
nH6adrt.png
jp9OOOK.jpg

yFohkGW.jpg

dCmD41j.jpg
WwesxFj.png
gjcg1Qe.png

RiTUu5S.png

83jf8Rq.png

w5va7oI.png

d4aFUNk.png

RsbKp4T.png

FFUPVIZ.png

9uKSwDM.png

62dCzZr.png

P2LhYsj.png

zFGHKQx.png

nZZBjEf.png

kwHaKKm.png

EIldLLr.png

NSPqMrY.png

Whoa!! I'm a huge fan of the custom sprites and artwork!! :O The trailer's looking good and the setting have me hooked!! ^_^ I'm looking forward for this. :)

Starmage":3corlca6 said:
Whoa!! I'm a huge fan of the custom sprites and artwork!! :O The trailer's looking good and the setting have me hooked!! ^_^ I'm looking forward for this. :)
If all goes as planned, I''ll have a public release demo ready for 3/14.

jafuvale":3corlca6 said:
I just tried it out and it's fantastic. So much fun. I hope this game sells well. :grin:
That's pretty incredible you've managed to try it out when there is no public build available! :P

Maybe you're a secretly alpha tester and you're using a name here I don't recognize, though.

Also sell? Heheh~ The game will be completely free, my dude.

Also on notes of the game, slowly been working on updating the interior maps...

FtW46Do.png

As was envisioned.
J1Ilk8k.png

This isn't the final rendition but it's a good example of how interior maps will look when the game is public.

Played through day 1

My biggest grip is the positioning of everything. You have a large resolution, the text box is at the very bottom and spans the entire width of the wide screen. And then you have very tall portraits with animated faces in the upper corner, which is outside my range of vision while I'm reading. So my eyes are moving all over the screen, which is going to lead to eye fatigue.

Some bugs:
  • examining the meat in the living room from the side will change the graphic into a bucket of hay or grass. Needs the "Direction Fix" selected.
  • Playing as Lumi during the barbecue, you can go into the house, but examining everything will still by by Koko.
  • There's nothing marking the doors to the kitchen or dinning room, i would have just assumed the bottom goes to the hallway.

coyotecraft":1ganh08u said:
Played through day 1

My biggest grip is the positioning of everything. You have a large resolution, the text box is at the very bottom and spans the entire width of the wide screen. And then you have very tall portraits with animated faces in the upper corner, which is outside my range of vision while I'm reading. So my eyes are moving all over the screen, which is going to lead to eye fatigue.
I have severely bad peripheral vision (bad enough that I'm registered as legally blind) and I've never had issue so I dunno how that's proving problematic for you. You must be playing on a very large monitor.

examining the meat in the living room from the side will change the graphic into a bucket of hay or grass. Needs the "Direction Fix" selected.
Noted, easy to fix, just missed it.
Playing as Lumi during the barbecue, you can go into the house, but examining everything will still by by Koko.
Lol, that was intially intentional but I should fix that...
There's nothing marking the doors to the kitchen or dinning room, i would have just assumed the bottom goes to the hallway.
Already fixed on the gamejolt build. I'll update the one here soon, too.

coyotecraft":v8w2yw96 said:
Played through day 1

This should be a little easier on the eyes
ei6LBKp.png

and I'm doing more to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Played through Disk 1. Quite a bit has changed in a year. Took me a few days to collect my thoughts.
Here's my notes as I played through it. The progression is pretty linear so you should be able to understand where and what I'm talking about.
Please, don't feel the need to reply to any of this. These are just thoughts and impressions I had while playing. You don't need to comment on it. I think it took about 5-6 hours to get through it all. Although it wasn't a normal play-through, since i was messing around looking for bugs and writing stuff down.

There was one weird bug I couldn't trace. The game just closed randomly on me with not warning or message. I think it's related to a message or portrait plugin. I tried updating some plugins, but it still happens once in a while. I kinda recreated it once from a certain save file. Quickly advancing from the scene in the parking garage back to the ship, it would crash while talking to Esperia. There's nothing out of the ordinary with those events that I can see. I'm guessing it's memory related, because it won't crash if I save and restart anywhere inbetween.

Spelling Error
Minor: graphical, or event related inconstancy
Major: game crashing

Everything else is just thoughts, suggestions, or impressions I had at the moment.

Day 1
Playing Volley-book. A book ammo flickers in the top left corner of the screen.
The projectile events could be simplified. You have multiple move routes based on which direction the player is facing. But if the event is set to match the player's facing dir. you can simply move them "1 step forward" instead of Left Right UP Down.
You should really make some of these common events so that you only have to edit it in 1 place and know it'll behave the same across all maps.

Tangle Canyon - the bats aren't obstacles. Probably because they are set as "through" and "above characters"

In the effect menu, "Age" numbers are squashed and hard to read. Pressing left or right seems to change the stat screen to a blank page. (From my understanding of RM windows, it's probably active when it shouldn't be.)

Maybe shorten the width of these scrolling interlude texts to prevent eye fatigue.
there's back-to-back scroll texts at the end of day 1, before and after the barbecue, a little strange to me because there wasn't a significant development between them.

Day 2
The starting point in the forest is a little jarring. Maybe move it down a few tiles so the player can better see where they are.

Reading the Journal in the Tree House, the font returns to normal on the last text box.

I updated various plug-ins at this point. Yanfly had lots of updates for MV 1.5
RS_HUD_4m.js has had alot of bug fixes to it. One fix was an endless loading issue due to custom font.
I'll include the js folder so you can just drag and drop. Although you might have to open the plug-in window and "refresh"
The nice thing about yanfly's plugin is that the version# is in the description, so you can see that change when you refresh.

When the girls exit Koko's room, maybe add a door sfx, not that it's important.

Day 3
Lumi's nightshift. Meeting the purple dude at school Lumi says "condemning" him as a suspect. Should be "deeming"
In downtown, she "scathe" the high-rise, should be "scale".

When the "bat-fanged carson" runs away from Lumi, she's moving pretty slow. Slow enough that Lumi can reach the ground before her if the player button smashes through the text.

Day 4
When the thugs attack Lilac, and she halts their momentum, maybe flash the screen to grayscale or something for added effect.

Entering Lumi's room at the house, the dialogue is getting too excessive here and you should cut to Lumi already sitting on the bed. I know it's only a few lines but this small talk is starting to add up.

Day 5
From the undercroft you can enter lumi's room. But Koko's is still blocked by the "too creepy" event.
The event transfer to the ??? room isn't triggered by [player touch], it's only 1 tile large too. There's also an odd vertical laser tile left over once the path is open.

Day 6
Ok, Plot holes? If the portal worked, why hadn't Kyoshi actived it himself yet? (later Lazerus says there's a time for it, but it's not really address if this happened as planned)
Lilac became a vampire 10 years ago. That scene with Lumi in the hospital showed the same bodies? They've just been there all this time? It's pretty hard to believe.

The fight against Yasondre seemed to be going pretty well. The green vortexs that you have to destroy could use a graphic change, imo. Something bigger and more noticeable.

The fight against Kyoshi was extremely easy. I just stood in place and spammed bunnies. He died in like 20secs.

The scene at the beach, after IA leaves, it's pretty sunny out. But the sun is suppose to be shrinking? Maybe the background should be different?
Not sure why koko and lilac had magic circles around them at the end.

Day 7
Fighting the Doc. Not sure why Koko has a magic circle around her in that scene.
Obstacle Course, Not sure why Lilac has a magic circle around her here.
-same scene. Died because I was trying to jump a gap but couldn't figure out what I was suppose to do. Failing here goes to a "loading" screen, then an error message: Failed to load img/faces/Portrait.png

The Fight against Yasondre & Kyoshi is pretty challenging. When the green vortexes come out the battle stars lagging severely to the point I can't do anything.
It may help to uncheck "stepping" on all the laser and leaf events since the graphics don't actually change in stepping.
At one point I defeated Kyoshi, he had a duplicate frozen mid-attack at the top of the battle field. -To be sure it disappears, add a blank event page triggered by the switch KyoshiDown.

The scrolling forest background in the scene with IM is pretty jerky for some reason.
I passed on the IM fight after 6 tries. I can get down to 3 health bars but that's it.

The stats on some equipment seem more hurtful than helpful. Like -100energy or -10power, Imo, it's not worth it.
The unique character attributes are kinda of confusing at first. Should probably restrict the equipment to specific characters if Koko and Luni don't gain anything from Fear+ attributes.
When I die fighting IM, the other character HUD appear in the corners of the screen. It was at this point I realized they regenerate on their own.

Space Ship
Talking with SacreBlu "cottoned onto" I believe means "caught onto"

A video sequence continuity error, looking out the window Koko and Lilac switched places from where they were standing inside.

SacreBlu says the twins will "spill" trouble. I suppose trouble can be a liquid, but I believe she meant "spell". She repeats this when answering questions.
While they're discussing what to do on Earth. SacreBlu mentions discussing "something with Esperia on her left", which is odd becuse Esperia has already be introduced. Not to mention Esperia isn't on her left, she's standing behind her, and on the right of the screen.

When asking about the 314th Clash, she explains more of a plot summery and character arc. Rather than an event. I think the real take away should be that there was previous cycle to the universe which they stopped.

Naxxy's
Once you teleport to earth you can't return to the spaceship. Lilac and Koko are not part of your party, which means you won't be able to reallocate their equipment for the Pep vs Lumi fight. Actually, they aren't in your party at all after you leave Vahnus.

Talking to Kira from any direction other than the front causes problems. The scene won't continue at all if you talk to her from behind.

Sometimes after empowering Lumi her sprite sometimes stays in an additive blending mode. I'm not sure why.
Damage seems a little delayed for some reason. Like Lumi doesn't know she's dead until after the damage pop disappears.
Imo, there should be a collapse animation; the player stops moving and changes to a down pose.
Maybe different game over screens for these 1v1 fights that don't include all the girls.

I had some difficulty with this Pep fight.
There's such a small window to hit Pep in, his iframes seem to last a lot longer that Kyoshi's for example. At 10dmg a hit, I can hit him maybe 5 times in a row. Where as Lumi takes 40dmg-50dmg in one hit and can die in less then 4. With the limited equipment I have, Lumi's max HP is 130. 200 max if I sacrifice her attack power but then she'd only be doing 1dmg to Pep and the fight would last hours.
If I empower Lumi at the wrong time it'll wear off before I can even hit Pep. So it's only useful for a quick heal. Of course it's possible to do the fight without empowering if you manage to avoid damage - it takes a couple times to memorize his pattern.

The Pexepe fight went much easier. Got it in one try but it might have been a fluke. It could also be due to the fact that Lumi's bunnys went through Pep, but since Pexepe is against the wall they just sort of hit the wall and stay there, shaving his HP down to nothing in half a second when Empowered.

After returning to the Ship, there's duplicate Sacreblus' on the bridge.

At Splode's
Koko says she saw Lazirus in a dream which she repressed. I don't think we saw that. Kyoshi showed them all his own encounter at the hotspring though.
Laz warns that mentioning him to anyone will put the universe in "Jeapoardy" - "jeopardy"
Did Kyoshi break that rule once already?

The Svoli fight was nice and simple. Took a while, but nothing annoyingly difficult like some of the earlier fights.
Fighting Cupid - "Svoli Vendetta"- also feels pretty good. I could almost do the whole battle without Empowering Lumi.

The Mesa
Esperia punting Pep could use some comical music.

The second part of the Kara fight was even easier than the first. No extra swords everywhere. Also sometimes one of Kara's clones would appear outside of the arena.

At Brisbane
Maybe autorun the meeting with Rolly since you can read flavor text around town before properly being introduced.
Kinda weird the building parallax is scrolling sidways.
Sacreblu appears in one flavor text in Pep's room, even though she's not with the group.
Pep and Rolly claim to all live on different floors, but they're all on the same floor now. maybe they meant apartment numbers?

Finding Tristy
The music goes through a lot of mood swings. I feel like no music might be preferable to dramatic intensity.

Koko asks Tristy about a Pyr4mid that Pep mentioned. Pep, in the apartments, actually called it an Artif4ct. So Pyr4mid sounds like a new concept to the audience.

The Tristy fight was a little laggy. You have 4 parallel processes reading and writing Tristy's map coordinates to the same variable at the same time (Enemy Tracker and the 3 Boomerangs). You don't really need those excess processes. I encourage you to use script calls. Which I'll detail in another post.
The Portals also could use a script call to teleport the player to a different locations. When you use the transfer player command, even with fade:none there's a noticable frame skip as it refreshes the graphics. However, with $gamePlayer.locate(x,y); you can move the player without the graphics refresh, and it looks much smoother.

The Bermuda Triangle
was uneventful. Although, I feel some animations could be replaced. The binding circle looks more like a targeting cross-hair than bondage.

Back on the ship.
There's some event oddities when revisiting locations. On the ship you can talk with Tristy and go onto the roof. This should probably be triggered after Pep has recovered. Since him appearing in the scene when we saw him on the floor still is kinda strange.

Sven and Kara have moved to the Bridge. Technically you could talk to Kara here at any point once she's onboard. Because Sven has dialogue, that probably means you weren't suppose to talk to her until now.

There's Koko, Lyza, and Lilac sprites hanging out by the transporter pad.

You can return to Tristy's house. Although it'll pick up where you enter the basement. The screen is tinted and there's an electric charge in the air, and you can't leave.

In Splode's backroom, Pep Svoli and Splode are still around.
At Naxxy's Koko and Tira are still around.
At the Apartments, Rolly is still by the elevator. And because you left the elevator on the roof. Exiting the elevator from the main floor will take you back to the roof without pressing any buttons.
Probably all of that could be avoided by simply making backtracking impossible. Since there's nothing as of yet to gain from revisiting these locations anyways.

On the ship. When they're talking about Kara, Pep calls her his "fionse" - fiancee.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyvk11i1j ... f.zip/file
This is a folder contains a copy of the .js folder which has updated plugins. Mostly just yanfly, but a few others. You should be able to just drop these into your project. You'll need to right-click and "refresh" the plug-in list in the editor.
An updated Kyoshi's swimming sprite.
And the Tristy Battle Map - which I edited some of the events to use script calls so that it runs smoother. (The Boomerang and the Portals events)
I figured I'd just do the work for you and save me the trouble of trying to explain it.

There's a few more things I'd like to do for you if I have the time. Koko's skedaddle imo should be a backflip. The projectile events could be improved upon. And have room for modifying behaviors. For example, homing bats for lilac.
Projectiles that rebound when you're shield is up.
Lots of cosmetic polish.

As for the story:
The Twin's introduction could be more subtle at first. A slower burn, if you know what I mean. Perhaps hid their wings at first.
The hardest part to swallow was Lilac's business with the doctors. If they were ghosts rather than actual bodies that have just been lying around untouched, idk. I mean, that could be used as a lead into their exorcism powers.
Koko is a little distant throughout the prologue. I feel like she could be making more connections. Or asking more of the obvious questions. Like, "hmm, the 4th tank in the undercroft must have belonged to the 'white snake'."

Getting into disk 1. I really like the development between Svoli and Esperia. But it's unpacking a lot of character history. I enjoy seeing what the characters have been up too. But it feels a little excessive, unless disk 2 involves time travel that makes familiarizing the girls with this intimate knowledge necessary.
I can see a budding mentorship between Koko & Tristy, Lilac & Esperia, and Lumi & Svoli. Like Tristy ascended blind folded - so Koko needs to not trust her eyes so much. I dunno. Of course all sets of characters have lost their planets now, so that's something else to bond over I guess.

The mood seems to swing from depressing to intense-revelation. Even with Pep's wit, the music still paints a bleak picture. The doom and gloom is appropriate but...Have you ever played Final Fantasy 9? There was a lot of serious stuff happening to and around the characters. But there were ATE sequences that lighten the mood and show you what Npcs or the absent party member were doing elsewhere. The party doesn't have to be in the room with them reacting to everything. It's stuff for the Player's eye only.
Since you've got an ever expanding cast of characters, I think that's something else you might have to do.
Star Ocean 4 also had a lot of "Life on the ship events". Messing around with holograms. Entering into the wrong bathroom. Imo, I'd rather see interactions like that between characters instead of witty commentary.

coyotecraft":sv5bew0n said:
Played through Disk 1. Quite a bit has changed in a year. Took me a few days to collect my thoughts.
Here's my notes as I played through it. The progression is pretty linear so you should be able to understand where and what I'm talking about.
Please, don't feel the need to reply to any of this. These are just thoughts and impressions I had while playing. You don't need to comment on it. I think it took about 5-6 hours to get through it all. Although it wasn't a normal play-through, since i was messing around looking for bugs and writing stuff down.
I am going to anyway. :B

There was one weird bug I couldn't trace. The game just closed randomly on me with not warning or message. I think it's related to a message or portrait plugin. I tried updating some plugins, but it still happens once in a while. I kinda recreated it once from a certain save file. Quickly advancing from the scene in the parking garage back to the ship, it would crash while talking to Esperia. There's nothing out of the ordinary with those events that I can see. I'm guessing it's memory related, because it won't crash if I save and restart anywhere inbetween.
Huh... I've never come across anything like that, but i will continue to monitor my other playtesters with less decent cpu's.

Day 1
Playing Volley-book. A book ammo flickers in the top left corner of the screen.
That happens on virtually every map. It is how I stop the player projectiles from doing more damage to a target than should be.
The projectile events could be simplified. You have multiple move routes based on which direction the player is facing. But if the event is set to match the player's facing dir. you can simply move them "1 step forward" instead of Left Right UP Down.
It's a fail safe. I learned while developing PFC that if you turn mid projectile-path it will change it's direction mid bath and reset the facing condition.
You should really make some of these common events so that you only have to edit it in 1 place and know it'll behave the same across all maps.
Possible, but only for events that don't effect event ID's or that will be altered on varying encounters.

Tangle Canyon - the bats aren't obstacles. Probably because they are set as "through" and "above characters"
True, but that's not their design, their design is damage. The tangle canyon map has obstacles enough.

In the effect menu, "Age" numbers are squashed and hard to read. Pressing left or right seems to change the stat screen to a blank page. (From my understanding of RM windows, it's probably active when it shouldn't be.)
I have looked for a ways to fix the age squash, but it's either on Yanfly or the base engine. It's impossible to really remove that parameter as it's the characters level and is pretty hard to remove with my pathetic knowledge of javascript.

Maybe shorten the width of these scrolling interlude texts to prevent eye fatigue.
They are only four to eight lines.
there's back-to-back scroll texts at the end of day 1, before and after the barbecue, a little strange to me because there wasn't a significant development between them.
I'll remove one, thanks for the tip.

Day 2
The starting point in the forest is a little jarring. Maybe move it down a few tiles so the player can better see where they are.
Good call, I'll do that.

Reading the Journal in the Tree House, the font returns to normal on the last text box.
The problem is it bleeds into the next dialogue box. Did you install the fonts like the readme.txt asked you to?

I updated various plug-ins at this point. Yanfly had lots of updates for MV 1.5
RS_HUD_4m.js has had alot of bug fixes to it. One fix was an endless loading issue due to custom font.
I'll include the js folder so you can just drag and drop. Although you might have to open the plug-in window and "refresh"
The nice thing about yanfly's plugin is that the version# is in the description, so you can see that change when you refresh.
Thanks my dude.

When the girls exit Koko's room, maybe add a door sfx, not that it's important.
I'll add it to the to-do, I'd planned to but just keep forgetting.

Day 3
Lumi's nightshift. Meeting the purple dude at school Lumi says "condemning" him as a suspect. Should be "deeming"
In downtown, she "scathe" the high-rise, should be "scale".
ahaha WOOPS. I'll correct those.

When the "bat-fanged carson" runs away from Lumi, she's moving pretty slow. Slow enough that Lumi can reach the ground before her if the player button smashes through the text.
Yeah I'll make her descending speed faster.

Day 4
When the thugs attack Lilac, and she halts their momentum, maybe flash the screen to grayscale or something for added effect.
Oh yeah, woops! I also meant to change Lilac to her "hand out" sprite, as if stopping them in their tracks with some sort of unholy force.

Entering Lumi's room at the house, the dialogue is getting too excessive here and you should cut to Lumi already sitting on the bed. I know it's only a few lines but this small talk is starting to add up.
Cheers, I'll do that. Nothing important is said during this exchange either.

Day 5
From the undercroft you can enter lumi's room. But Koko's is still blocked by the "too creepy" event.
Oops, lel. I'll fix.
The event transfer to the ??? room isn't triggered by [player touch], it's only 1 tile large too. There's also an odd vertical laser tile left over once the path is open.
I've already fixed the former of these issues on my end, and will look into the latter posthaste.

Day 6
Ok, Plot holes? If the portal worked, why hadn't Kyoshi actived it himself yet? (later Lazerus says there's a time for it, but it's not really address if this happened as planned)
It hadn't fully charged yet. That sound you hear when entering the ominous cavern with the three floor switches is the sound of it's activation.
Lilac became a vampire 10 years ago. That scene with Lumi in the hospital showed the same bodies? They've just been there all this time? It's pretty hard to believe.
Vahnus is a very strange place. Though I'll admit I am asking the player to suspend their belief a bit there, lmao.

The fight against Yasondre seemed to be going pretty well. The green vortexs that you have to destroy could use a graphic change, imo. Something bigger and more noticeable.
Noted.

The fight against Kyoshi was extremely easy. I just stood in place and spammed bunnies. He died in like 20secs.
And here I thought everyone was going to try to avoid all his attacks like I do. :[

The scene at the beach, after IA leaves, it's pretty sunny out. But the sun is suppose to be shrinking? Maybe the background should be different?
Not sure why koko and lilac had magic circles around them at the end.
Good point, I'll change it to the regular Night time one which is otherwise unused. The magic circle sprites are placeholders for yet-to-be completed idle animations.

Day 7
Fighting the Doc. Not sure why Koko has a magic circle around her in that scene.
Obstacle Course, Not sure why Lilac has a magic circle around her here.
See above response.
-same scene. Died because I was trying to jump a gap but couldn't figure out what I was suppose to do. Failing here goes to a "loading" screen, then an error message: Failed to load img/faces/Portrait.png
Noted. At least that's easy to fix.

The Fight against Yasondre & Kyoshi is pretty challenging. When the green vortexes come out the battle stars lagging severely to the point I can't do anything.
It may help to uncheck "stepping" on all the laser and leaf events since the graphics don't actually change in stepping.
Fair, I'll do that.
At one point I defeated Kyoshi, he had a duplicate frozen mid-attack at the top of the battle field. -To be sure it disappears, add a blank event page triggered by the switch KyoshiDown.
Cheers, I swear I did that already. But on investigation it seems I didn't.

The scrolling forest background in the scene with IM is pretty jerky for some reason. It's not even a big parallax.
I passed on the IM fight after 6 tries. I can get down to 3 health bars but that's it.
Yeah she's not easy, I still have trouble with her.

The stats on some equipment seem more hurtful than helpful. Like -100energy or -10power, Imo, it's not worth it.
I have a Lumi with 500 HP and 50 MP.
It's worth it. You just have to mix and match in a way that can be made into a strong build.
The unique character attributes are kinda of confusing at first. Should probably restrict the equipment to specific characters if Koko and Luni don't gain anything from Fear+ attributes.
Good idea, though the information for what stats are useful to them is readily available on both their profiles and in the tutorials.
When I die fighting IM, the other character HUD appear in the corners of the screen. It was at this point I realized they regenerate on their own.
The hud error has been fixed on my end. And yes characters return after 30 seconds have passed since their exhaustion.

Space Ship
Talking with SacreBlu "cottoned onto" I believe means "caught onto"
I'd have to know the context in which it was used in. I did some sleuthing but couldn't find the use of cottoned onto, i'm sure it's here somewhere but it'll have to wait until I playtest it again.

A video sequence continuity error, looking out the window Koko and Lilac switched places from where they were standing inside.
Sacreblu is also using her placeholder portrait, I intend to fix all of that. Cheers for the reminder.

SacreBlu says the twins will "spill" trouble. I suppose trouble can be a liquid, but I believe she meant "spell". She repeats this when answering questions.
Yes that should be spell. My bad.
While they're discussing what to do on Earth. SacreBlu mentions discussing "something with Esperia on her left", which is odd becuse Esperia has already be introduced. Not to mention Esperia isn't on her left, she's standing behind her, and on the right of the screen.
She is on Sacreblu's left and behind her, but agreed, that could stand to be revised- that dialogue is from an older build of the Eye of the Goddess where they were positioned differently. I'll also reword Sacreblu's dialogue or just remove it entirely.

When asking about the 314th Clash, she explains more of a plot summery and character arc. Rather than an event. I think the real take away should be that there was previous cycle to the universe which they stopped.
Noted, should also cut down on the dialogue. That's there for people who didn't play Intelligence. So a plot summary is ultimately probably more helpful.

Naxxy's
Once you teleport to earth you can't return to the spaceship.
Intentional.
Lilac and Koko are not part of your party, which means you won't be able to reallocate their equipment for the Pep vs Lumi fight.
I'm working on fixing the party member absence issues as we speak.
Actually, they aren't in your party at all after you leave Vahnus.
Untrue. But they could be present more often, Sacreblu included.

Talking to Kira from any direction other than the front causes problems. The scene won't continue at all if you talk to her from behind.
Noted. I'll maker her only give the option to proceed if player is facing up.

Sometimes after empowering Lumi her sprite sometimes stays in an additive blending mode. I'm not sure why.
Seems i haven't entirely proofed that yet.
Damage seems a little delayed for some reason. Like Lumi doesn't know she's dead until after the damage pop disappears.
I'm not sure why that is so slow but it is not something that's easy to fix, and--
Imo, there should be a collapse animation; the player stops moving and changes to a down pose.
That will just slow it down further.
Maybe different game over screens for these 1v1 fights that don't include all the girls.
I'll see what i can do, likely not for Demo 2, though.

I had some difficulty with this Pep fight.
There's such a small window to hit Pep in, his iframes seem to last a lot longer that Kyoshi's for example. At 10dmg a hit, I can hit him maybe 5 times in a row. Where as Lumi takes 40dmg-50dmg in one hit and can die in less then 4. With the limited equipment I have, Lumi's max HP is 130. 200 max if I sacrifice her attack power but then she'd only be doing 1dmg to Pep and the fight would last hours.
The fight is admittedly a huge jump up from Captain Nelson and Bat-fanged Carson, but it flows super well once you work out the strat.
If I empower Lumi at the wrong time it'll wear off before I can even hit Pep.
This is the case for quite a few fights, in some manner or other. Though you can usually get at least some hits in before the buff expires.
So it's only useful for a quick heal.
I just use it the moment he goes back to being invulnerable. You can land a huge number of hits in and have time to avoid the Zodiac attack he does.
Of course it's possible to do the fight without empowering if you manage to avoid damage - it takes a couple times to memorize his pattern.
Yeah, he's basically the saxxis of this game, just skedaddle into him as the last hourglass has landed and you should be fine.

The Pexepe fight went much easier. Got it in one try but it might have been a fluke. It could also be due to the fact that Lumi's bunnys went through Pep, but since Pexepe is against the wall they just sort of hit the wall and stay there, shaving his HP down to nothing in half a second when Empowered.
yeah I might have to buff his HP to 2 bars.

After returning to the Ship, there's duplicate Sacreblus' on the bridge.
One is a hologram, which is why she's semi-transparent-ish and much brighter, as if she's projected light.

At Splode's
Koko says she saw Lazirus in a dream which she repressed. I don't think we saw that.
You do though, it's the cinematic right after you see the CCC tolerance advisory. Then she wakes up and remarks on how strange a dream it was.
Kyoshi showed them all his own encounter at the hotspring though.
That only happens for players who do that event. Koko refers to--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM0YXo6WVSM

Laz warns that mentioning him to anyone will put the universe in "Jeapoardy" - "jeopardy"
Oops, will fix.
Did Kyoshi break that rule once already?
Yeah he's a bit of an idiot.

The Svoli fight was nice and simple. Took a while, but nothing annoyingly difficult like some of the earlier fights.
Noted.
Fighting Cupid - "Svoli Vendetta"- also feels pretty good. I could almost do the whole battle without Empowering Lumi.
You'll likely love Lyza then.

The Mesa
Esperia punting Pep could use some comical music.
Haven't had any composed, lmao.

The second part of the Kara fight was even easier than the first. No extra swords everywhere.
It's literally the smae as her first fight except everything hits for FATAL damage and her drive is also adding EVEN MORE SWORDS so i don't know what you're talking about.
Also sometimes one of Kara's clones would appear outside of the arena.
I think I found why this was happening and have applied a fix on my end.

At Brisbane
Maybe autorun the meeting with Rolly since you can read flavor text around town before properly being introduced.
I'll be fixing that, either with a required switch for the flavor text or your solution.
Kinda weird the building parallax is scrolling sidways.
A little yeah, lmao. Might just make it still on the x-axis.
Sacreblu appears in one flavor text in Pep's room, even though she's not with the group.
She's meant to be. I just sauced it.
Pep and Rolly claim to all live on different floors, but they're all on the same floor now. maybe they meant apartment numbers?
Ah right, so the plan was they used to but that was immensely dumb, so I just had them all on floor 31, thanks for letting me know- I'll fix that up.

Finding Tristy
The music goes through a lot of mood swings. I feel like no music might be preferable to dramatic intensity.
Noted, theming is tough to pull off.

Koko asks Tristy about a Pyr4mid that Pep mentioned. Pep, in the apartments, actually called it an Artif4ct. So Pyr4mid sounds like a new concept to the audience.
Ah thanks much, see this is exactly the kinda shit i don't want confusing people come release!

The Tristy fight was a little laggy. You have 4 parallel processes reading and writing Tristy's map coordinates to the same variable at the same time (Enemy Tracker and the 3 Boomerangs). You don't really need those excess processes. I encourage you to use script calls. Which I'll detail in another post.
Kay.
The Portals also could use a script call to teleport the player to a different locations. When you use the transfer player command, even with fade:none there's a noticable frame skip as it refreshes the graphics. However, with $gamePlayer.locate(x,y); you can move the player without the graphics refresh, and it looks much smoother.
God I'm glad to know that exists and that it's IMMENSELY HELPFUL. Can the X,Y be placed as variables, too?

The Bermuda Triangle
was uneventful. Although, I feel some animations could be replaced. The binding circle looks more like a targeting cross-hair than bondage.
Yeah I'll fix that animation before release.

Back on the ship.
There's some event oddities when revisiting locations. On the ship you can talk with Tristy and go onto the roof. This should probably be triggered after Pep has recovered. Since him appearing in the scene when we saw him on the floor still is kinda strange.
OOPS. I kinda didn't think that one through.

Sven and Kara have moved to the Bridge. Technically you could talk to Kara here at any point once she's onboard. Because Sven has dialogue, that probably means you weren't suppose to talk to her until now.
Ah yeah, right I had her condition switch wrong. Fixed on my end. Cheers.

There's Koko, Lyza, and Lilac sprites hanging out by the transporter pad.
Thanks for the heads up, that's been fixed on my end.

You can return to Tristy's house. Although it'll pick up where you enter the basement. The screen is tinted and there's an electric charge in the air, and you can't leave.
Oof, my bad. It was as simple as having the transfer on below characters rather than same.

In Splode's backroom, Pep Svoli and Splode are still around.
At Naxxy's Koko and Tira are still around.
At the Apartments, Rolly is still by the elevator. And because you left the elevator on the roof. Exiting the elevator from the main floor will take you back to the roof without pressing any buttons.
Probably all of that could be avoided by simply making backtracking impossible. Since there's nothing as of yet to gain from revisiting these locations anyways.
Fair. Originally i was gonna have optional events there but it'd be less stupid to have those all on the starship anyway. There'd be no reason to backtrack. But it's easier to clean up a few sprites than disable backtracking.

On the ship. When they're talking about Kara, Pep calls her his "fionse" - fiancee.
I swear I can never get that right.

The correct spelling seems to actually be fiancé.

Probably just reword it to partner. Fiance as a word is fucking terrible.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyvk11i1jaxjzrw/Fantasia_stuff.zip/file
This is a folder contains a copy of the .js folder which has updated plugins. Mostly just yanfly, but a few others. You should be able to just drop these into your project. You'll need to right-click and "refresh" the plug-in list in the editor.
An updated Kyoshi's swimming sprite.
And the Tristy Battle Map - which I edited some of the events to use script calls so that it runs smoother. (The Boomerang and the Portals events)
I figured I'd just do the work for you and save me the trouble of trying to explain it.
Many thanks.

There's a few more things I'd like to do for you if I have the time. Koko's skedaddle imo should be a backflip.
I think so too, but I don't have the spriting skill for such a thing and Xiie's got her hands full. it was meant to be sorta like a backwards jolt but a backflip would be more fun.
The projectile events could be improved upon. And have room for modifying behaviors. For example, homing bats for lilac.
If you can make that work with events, you let me know. Seeking players, yep. Seeking events? No such option.
Projectiles that rebound when you're shield is up.
That's a lot hard to do than it sounds. Though i do like the idea. That'd essentially what orange projectiles are, or could be.
Lots of cosmetic polish.
I'm open to suggestions and changes.

As for the story:
The Twin's introduction could be more subtle at first. A slower burn, if you know what I mean. Perhaps hid their wings at first.
You don't even know the name of even one until Disk 1, and then the titles aren't even deployed until Day 3 for IA, and IM is either day 7 or never mentioned until you have access to choice-based dialogue on the starship. Hiding the wings wouldn't be too difficult, but I don't think it's all that necessary, IA makes it pretty clear from her first interaction that she's not good news.
The hardest part to swallow was Lilac's business with the doctors. If they were ghosts rather than actual bodies that have just been lying around untouched, idk. I mean, that could be used as a lead into their exorcism powers.
I'll admit, I did those optional events a while after the revelation that Lilac was their murderer. I'll see what i can do to make it more believable.
Koko is a little distant throughout the prologue. I feel like she could be making more connections. Or asking more of the obvious questions. Like, "hmm, the 4th tank in the undercroft must have belonged to the 'white snake'."
Agreed, except that isn't the case. The purpose of those pods is an enigma. Kyoshi himself was not wont to comment.

Getting into disk 1. I really like the development between Svoli and Esperia. But it's unpacking a lot of character history. I enjoy seeing what the characters have been up too. But it feels a little excessive, unless disk 2 involves time travel that makes familiarizing the girls with this intimate knowledge necessary.
Nah, it is a bit excessive, I'll trim it down a tad.
I can see a budding mentorship between Koko & Tristy, Lilac & Esperia, and Lumi & Svoli. Like Tristy ascended blind folded - so Koko needs to not trust her eyes so much. I dunno. Of course all sets of characters have lost their planets now, so that's something else to bond over I guess.
That's definitely a connection you are allowed to make. You may have also picked up on subtle traces of mentorship between Yi and Lilac, as revealed in the dream sequence, as well as Wi and Lumi, thought that will be more explored in Disk 2.

The mood seems to swing from depressing to intense-revelation. Even with Pep's wit, the music still paints a bleak picture. The doom and gloom is appropriate but...Have you ever played Final Fantasy 9? There was a lot of serious stuff happening to and around the characters. But there were ATE sequences that lighten the mood and show you what Npcs or the absent party member were doing elsewhere. The party doesn't have to be in the room with them reacting to everything. It's stuff for the Player's eye only.
Since you've got an ever expanding cast of characters, I think that's something else you might have to do.
Good idea! I've already got that to some degree already, with Yi and Wi having their discussions in the Afterworld.
Star Ocean 4 also had a lot of "Life on the ship events". Messing around with holograms. Entering into the wrong bathroom. Imo, I'd rather see interactions like that between characters instead of witty commentary.
I can certainly do some of that, I can see a scene with Rolly and pep making trouble in the Starships kitchen, as just one example.

Thank you much for the feedback, seems i have my work cut out for me. Which is good, because i was running out of shit to do.

I guess I didn't realizes the opening was all part of Koko's dream.

God I'm glad to know that exists and that it's IMMENSELY HELPFUL. Can the X,Y be placed as variables, too?
You can reference or set $gameVariables with script blocks, yes. But honestly it's kinda redundant to store X and Y when it's an inherent part of the game data, know what I mean?
----------------------
About the Twin's reveal. The players are still learning about the world. From the start, the sun is shrinking. That's abnormal. There's a mystery killer on the loose. The Bat-fanged Carson is obviously Lilac. But IA and IM have already made themselves suspicious. Like the rooftop encounter, one is standing on the street by a bloodstain. So it's pretty obvious that the twins are manipulators, right from the start. And so, once Yasondre comes back, it feels like you're back-peddling.

Like, oh, Kyoshi is a lich. He made Lilac a vampire by casting "turn undead". It's surprising. There's nothing to suggest that Lilac's bloodthirst was unnatural - given her bat affinity. And the fact that Kyoshi is a lich makes me think there should be clues that the town is full of zombies or something. Like, the hospital is closed because everyone is already dead and can't get sick. Or people go to the hot springs to get rejuvenated instead. Like Batman's Lazarus Pit. Only It was Kyoshi's doing. Or Yasondre was keeping people alive from the otherside. Well, it's not the natural order of things, which reasons the apocalypse is near.
It could make a sort of sense without the Twin's involvement. But with the twins there it's easy to assume they're behind everything and it's just in their nature to destroy and mess with people, so I don't question why anything is happening the way it is.

coyotecraft":uuolqu3o said:
Like, oh, Kyoshi is a lich. He made Lilac a vampire by casting "turn undead". It's surprising. There's nothing to suggest that Lilac's bloodthirst was unnatural - given her bat affinity. And the fact that Kyoshi is a lich makes me think there should be clues that the town is full of zombies or something. Like, the hospital is closed because everyone is already dead and can't get sick. Or people go to the hot springs to get rejuvenated instead. Like Batman's Lazarus Pit. Only It was Kyoshi's doing. Or Yasondre was keeping people alive from the otherside. Well, it's not the natural order of things, which reasons the apocalypse is near.
It could make a sort of sense without the Twin's involvement. But with the twins there it's easy to assume they're behind everything and it's just in their nature to destroy and mess with people, so I don't question why anything is happening the way it is.
Ohoho~ Digging deep I see. You're close.

Vahnus was created for the purpose of training an MCP, there is a reason time never really seems to mean anything and why everywhere is near deserted outside of Lilac's feed and other training devices, like officer waffles, miss skittles and principal oreos, the latter two who we only know even exist because of some gravestones along the side of a road. The first time it really had an impressing of time, was when it's sun became a bomb. How flawless the timing that once the firstborn had been raise to maturity, that the sun would begin to collapse.

This is only mildly suggested by the characters, but that's why the world was so small.It certainly had civilians and such, it had a governmental agencies, it was a living breathing world, but its existence was a short one, 20 years. There's also hints like the island being a big triangle, and Yi being behind most of it's development.

It's a bit of dark minutia the game never explicitly reveals. As for the twins, if you see them as a crutch for the paranormal to exist, then that's fair. But it's also something I can't do a whole lot about. Admittedly it was a much slower burn before all these optional events were around to shed extra light on the twins.

Writingexcuses.com just had a podcast for outlandish impossiblies. They talk about these YA distopia settings that human societies would never reach, but it works because it resonates with how teenagers feel about the world.
I don't have any suggestions about how to apply that yo your world. Maybe something surrounding family.

But they also talk about the buy-in. Where readers need to accept some of this stuff early on. Tech level is a big one, because its jarring to the audience to find out in the middle of the story that they've got holograms or something. There's big details and there's little details. And sometimes the big details seem small or extra, but they part of the buy-in.
Digital Devil Saga is one of those stories that's a simulation, and right from the beginning, the simulation has been altered. It was like a war game at first, but then everyone gets turned into demons and they have to eat each other. You need to know that it's a simulated reality from the beginning. Buy into that, and you can accept why everything is so disfunctional.

coyotecraft":lg1nmt62 said:
Like, oh, Kyoshi is a lich. He made Lilac a vampire by casting "turn undead". It's surprising. There's nothing to suggest that Lilac's bloodthirst was unnatural - given her bat affinity. And the fact that Kyoshi is a lich makes me think there should be clues that the town is full of zombies or something.
He's a caretaker, which is a very different brand of Lich to the sort Naxon is. He implies as much before you battle him. He also can't really afford to be seen in public, given that everyone thinks he disappeared years ago. He made an exception with the hospital because his ecto-biological daughter was dying and turn undead was an absolute last resort for keeping her alive.

Originally way back when- the idea was that her bloodthirst was a trait given by Agrat Bat Mahlat, but due to the difficulty of maintaining such a thing once Disk 1 began, this was scrapped in favor of the current plot. This was a more curable option that could be relieved when it was convenient. It could also be used to give Lilac's character depth and motive, and provide shame in her life, something that is opposed to her trait of Pride.

I've implemented fixes and / or resolution for most of the bullet points given. Excepting of course those which were intentional design or mistaken circumstance, etc.

As for your most recent post. The tech level changes vastly due to the disparity of technology between varying worlds, earth's technology is about where ours is. Exceptions exist for Tristy's appliances which utilize independant cold fusion and her various other high tech devices. Then you have the Starship YHWH which is a very space age vessel, built by the Halfbreeds of Corporation XIV as a parting gift to the redeemed Sacreblu.

Then of course Galaxia will be a whole other bag of chips, if you've played Menagerie then you know how advanced that species is. There's a similar kind of aesthetic in many space exploration games, Ratchet and Clank is a good example, though the majority of the planets you visit have been civilized into the space age, some of them are clearly still in their primitive state, Florana of the third game might be one of the best examples. Even Vahnus shows itself to be modern day. It certainly lacks spaceports though, things which can be found in abundance on say- Galaxia or Haven.

Earth has no spaceports either, which is why beacons are often deployed on it's surface. This holds true even in 314th Clash, the only reason the heroes could go to outer space was courtesy of Lyza's abandoned space ship. In another 10 years they've got flying shuttle buses and cars roaming on wheel-barren chasis. But still no where near the space age. There's a reason you don't see cats and dogs like Rolly or Pep on other worlds.

There's plenty of evidence the "game" world is a simulated one, though I suppose now I think about it this is never explicitly mentioned until well into Disk 1.

I wonder if mentioning it early on is a good idea- maybe Yi can mention it in her first interaction with Lumi. or maybe that can be an active time event. Yes-- I'm having an idea, here.

Started over from the beginning. I'll probably just play straight through and skip over all the flavor text that I know is there. But I do see you've revised a lot of the text at the beginning.

Your README PLZ OHGOD.txt file is still says version 1. I guess it's not technically complete.

There's still a text issue with the notes in the tree house.
If Koko loses the battle with I.A. her walking sprite will be changed to her "down pose".

Edit:
Oh dear. After the Rolly battle I hit a game stoppingerror. I can open the menu but I can't walk.
I think it might be a move route freeze. If I save, exit, and reload I can walk just fine.

Edit2:
For some reason the Tristy Fight didn't end right away when her health was 0. I almost closed out of the program. But I kept hitting her and eventually something clicked.

coyotecraft":3358k2uz said:
Started over from the beginning. I'll probably just play straight through and skip over all the flavor text that I know is there. But I do see you've revised a lot of the text at the beginning.
yeee that's two people that have noticed!

Your README PLZ OHGOD.txt file is still says version 1. I guess it's not technically complete.
oh, I just haven't updated the text file, lmao.

There's still a text issue with the notes in the tree house.
Install the fonts like the README PLZ OHGOD.txt file pleads you to do, they've worked fine for everyone else who has had the fonts installed.
If Koko loses the battle with I.A. her walking sprite will be changed to her "down pose".
Chose not to change this because it's harmless and hilarious, it will be fixed by the finale release but for now it was too funny not to keep it in due to how people react.

Edit:
Oh dear. After the Rolly battle I hit a game stoppingerror. I can open the menu but I can't walk.
I think it might be a move route freeze. If I save, exit, and reload I can walk just fine.
Hmm, never encountered that myself... I'll have to look into it. Likely you managed to move before the battleover event started which put you in a wrong position. Or i did something stupid.

Edit2:
For some reason the Tristy Fight didn't end right away when her health was 0. I almost closed out of the program. But I kept hitting her and eventually something clicked.
Huh... that's weird it should be instant, I'll have to look into it.

Updated to Fantasia: Re-Write
c1wygba.png

If you've been watching my progress on the what are you working on thread- you'll know I've been working around the clock to get the dialogue to a more manageable level that is also more enjoyable to read. Of course this is not all that Re-Write does, thankfully I have patch notes ready for ya!

Re-Write Patch Notes
Dialogue
--Main Story
-Dialogue all around has been made much more succinct and impactful, in rare cases lengthened... but this is the exception- not the norm.
-Some of the lacking possession scenes now have a lot more oomph to them.
-Koko's character has been made a little smarter as desired.
-Koko and Lilac have both been given eight more animated portraits, bringing them up to the count Lumi had established.
-The scene with Koko and Lilac having a showdown near the end of Disk 2 has been removed- as it was hard to make it feel right. Now, Koko intimidates Saint Sophia to withdraw from Lyza's body. Sophia is now also destroyed like all other DENUI. Flavor text and main story dialogue has been updated to reflect this.
-Yi has become a lot less incompetent.
-The arguments between Svoli, Esperia and later Tristy, have been largely dialed down- it's not the stories focus- but still exists in a tamer form.
-Pep is no longer despised by Lilac and even Lumi to a degree for no good reason. Likewise, Pep is no longer bitter at Lumi for kicking his arse- and is instead thankful to her for freeing him.
-Tristy's dialogue in Mallanganee regarding the PYR4MID hss been removed and implemented into her optional event.
-Sacreblu no longer screams at the top of her lungs, she's just being a little secretive about something.
-Yasondre and Kyoshi are now on the Starship YHWH for the first couple missions of the Main Story before they go into hiding.
-Dialogue is cut down on Sacreblu's part largely- to compensate, she can be asked questions at the first location you'll visit on Earth. Fyori and Esperia join her to help field your many questions.
-Due to the above, Esperia and Sacreblu just gently walk into Naxxy's, with Fyori tailing them. This will prevent the lagspike from loading 3 intense animations in tandem.
-Most of the flavor text around both London and Brisbane has been updated to reflect that Lilac, Pep and the others are friends, and not rivals or bitter enemies.
-During the dream at the end of Day 2-- An Evil Presence makes herself known to Lumi in Disk 0, instead of Yi which made no flipping sense and didn't even sound like how Yi talks.
-Beyond the first day, and a bit of the second- all of the main story Dialogue in Disk 0 has been reduced and improved drastically.
-A lot of meaningless fluff has been removed from the scene where Lumi interrogates Lilac.
-The vast majority of main story-related dialogue in Disk 1 has been cut down to size, reworked and polished.

Databasing
--Items
-This Area of the database has been changed largely due to the overhaul the Database went through when adding all of its entries. As a result, Old save data will not be correct and possibly break the game- however, past this point- there should be no need to ever make new saves again.
--Armors
-Locations remain unchanged, these have just all been filled in, including Potency Charms, none of which are available yet.
-Some stats were wrong, this has been corrected.
--Weapons
-Nothing has been changed ID Wise. This area of the Database was already complete.
-Some stats were not matching what the item tooltip indicated. This has been corrected.
--Skills
-There are only five of these now, down from 9. The first four were essentially stocking stuffers which I deduced I'd never need. Another reason why old saves won't work..

Optional Events
-Most of these have been rewritten to account for main story changes and to fit in with the Re-Write.
-Many optional events have had their dialogue reduced.
-Tristy's optional event to find out stuff now is directed more at the PYR4MID she uses and why Pep may not have used his to do the same. As a result, the amount of dialogue for this optional event has been reduced dramatically.

Music Score
-Some new pieces have been added, Some of which are even used in game.
-The OST has been entirely re-arranged, and is now essentially 110 tracks big. No track names are the same, and this is why you'll need to make a new save game.
-There are no more X-- or Extra tracks, these are now all included in the main OST.

Mapping
--The Starship YHWH
-It is no longer possible to get onto the ceiling via the transition between the Voice of the Goddess and the Starship YHWH's Main Hall.
--Boss Arenas
-Most Boss Arena's have been given a more meaningful display name, whereas before several had none.
--Vahnus Estate
-Koko's stairwell will no longer be blocked off during the events of Day 5 once the Undercroft has been discovered.
--The Treehouse
-Funny as it was, Koko will no longer be stuck in a sitting position after she fights ???

Combat
-Combat in general feels punchier and more satisfying due to some updates to sound design.
-Every time you launch an attack (if capable) a small animation will play to cue that has been done and gize attacking more oomph..
-Boss Fights which have musical phase transitions like the Insidious Architect when she enters her ZERO-UNIVERSE phase or Yasondre after surviving her Lifestrom attack-- now have their second-theme on louder to make the transition between phases more clean and less smudgy.

Balance:
--Bosses
----The Insidious Architect
-Her movement AI was improved dramatically.
----Pep Cookiedoe
-Pep's Zodiac Dawn Area Attack has had it's damage reduced from 40 (Yellow) to 10 (Yellow).
-Pep's vulnerability period has been tripled from 300 frames (5 seconds) to 900 frames (15 seconds).
-In Phase 2, Pexepe will no longer have his first bar of health ignore iFrames, resulting in burning the bar down in less than a second.
----Svoli Mystralese
-In Phase Two, Svoli Vendetta's Spellcard: Angel Sign - Heaven's Wrath ability recurs every 15 or so seconds.
----Kara Marx
-It was possible to initiate phase one into phase two- making the fight trivial. This has been fixed.
----Koko Spiral
-Sacreblu can no longer teleport outside the arena in this fight.
----Tristy Heals
-It is no longer possible to lose sound effects and bgs when going into phase 2 after using an ENNUI EMPOWERMENT.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.