Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Failed to load actor data

Spoo

Sponsor

Every time I download a demo to get a script, when I try to open the project, it always says "Failed to load actor data". So the only way I can get the script is to copy the data folder into a new project, which a pain for me to do. Can anyone help me out with this?[/FONT]

Spoo

Sponsor

I use firefox, so right after the file gets done downloading it opens in win.rar. sometimes it will open the project, but other times it won't. How do I decompress the files?

Decompressing files means extracting them. You just select the files and hit "extract" or just use the "extract" command to take them out of the zipped file and save them in a different location.

If you don't do this, it essentially prevents programs from accessing certain parts of the zipped file. This is why data isn't loaded and why it's fixed when you copy the data in a new folder.

If you just extract the whole zipped folder, it will be a separate stand-alone project file that you can test. It's easier than copying data little by little.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.