Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

eZine: Please Decide

I'm getting a bit tired of asking this to be honest, and it's probably a small thing, but can we decide on this please?

How often should the eZine be released?
Do you feel it is currently long enough?
Any other comments?

The options for releasing are either two-weekly, or monthly. Both are fine by me.

Also whether you're happy with the eZine in general. Do you think it's a good feature, or is it a little bit crap? Don't hold back.

In my opinion:

I feel that the ezine should be montly.
For it to be monthly would allow for some more depth and lenght in individual articles.
I feel that currently the articles are (not all) pretty shallow compared to what they could be.

Two weekly could do too, but I'd rather have 2 weeks of content gathering, 1 week of formatting and additional content things, and one week of checking and perfecting.

Also I feel it should be either in .pdf with a nifty web viewer, or web-formatted.
Examples of the latter:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/17/399305 ... ok-preview
http://alistapart.com/article/demystifying-design
http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/28/32702 ... ch-profile

Ok. So long as we have articles coming in, it shouldn't be a problem. And yeah it will give us more time to find things to include, and make sure nothing's missed off the forums.

Fusty

Sponsor

Monthly would be cool. But do whatever you think is best, since you appear to be doing all the work for this.
Also on the subject of whether I'm happy with the zine I'd say yes, I think it's great you're doing so much to get this community active again. A regular thing like the E-zine is just what this site needs!

Monthly.
Also, I think it is long enough. To be honest, I always end up reading a bit of an article in a magazine and then just skip the rest of it and look at all the pictures... I don't know why.
But yeah. You're doing a good great fantastic amazing job. Keep at it and we'll keep reading it (Or in my case, I'll keep looking at the pictures.)

Cait

:eek:: Monthly, with tips on game creation like variables and puzzle creation. o.o sigh, I know I could use that, and if it got big enough: Q&A for questions. Heck, you could have game reviews: indie and big companies. My two cents.

Cait":255puz3l said:
:eek:: Monthly, with tips on game creation like variables and puzzle creation. o.o sigh, I know I could use that, and if it got big enough: Q&A for questions. Heck, you could have game reviews: indie and big companies. My two cents.
If we have eventing tuts, I could help. I'm somewhat okay with events.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.