Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

event based map teleport selection help

Hi.. ive tried MANY teleport scripts but they all seem to cause problems with the other
scripts im using so.. my thinking solution to this is to say make a map and have the
background show a map picture of the world then put events dotted around the map in
areas that i could teleport too by moving a pointer to each event. The above I know is
probably possible.. by just making a new map and have background picture set to the
world map picture but my problem is.. HOW do i make the pointer jump from event to
event instead of having full control of the pointer that you walk all over the map?

could someone make a quick DEMO or give a very clear tutorial please? i've looked on
the net but there seems to not be any tutorial/demo of anything like this.. Thanks.. :)

WOW! quick response.. FANTASTIC demo Zen.. I get it totally now.. thank you so
much for taking the time to do this demo.. this should be put somewhere as a
tutorial guide.. its amazingly easy to understand.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.