Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[ES] Dash Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK8

Dash Button

Introduction
With the press of a button, the player moves at a faster pace.

Features
  • Speed up when button is held, slow down when released.

Screenshots
Go to the Common Events Tab in database. There's your screenshot. :p

Demo
Download here

System
:':)':)'( Blame the kingdoms...just kidding.

Create a new switch. Name it Dash Button.
Go to common events.
Create a new common event.

Name of comment event: Dash Button.
Trigger: Parallel.
Switch: Dash Button

@>Conditional Branch: Script: Input.press?(Input::A)
@>>Set Move Route: Player: Speed 5
@>Else
@>>Set Move Route: Player: Speed 4
@>Branch End

FAQ
If you are looking for support then please, feel free to post in this thread or in the PunkBoards over at my profile.

Compatibility
I don't think this will work with pixel movement scripts.

Credits and Thanks
None.

Author's Notes
None.

Terms and Conditions
None.

it sounds cool but the links broken may i serest you upload it again on filefront.com they have quick uploading on big files for free
im making a game and its just so confusing to but skills together i looked how to make skills and i found you link it sound foursome 

You're seriously complaining about broken links on topics over a year and a half old  :dead:

Please take more care, check the last post date, and at least search before posting - the topic creator himself has since remade this system anyway so I'm 'a locking this. And don't do it again >:|

Do you really need a script to check for a button being pushed?  That's an option in a conditional branch, after all.

Also:  Be aware that if you have a cutscene where the player is going to be affected by a Set Move Route Command in any way, turn the switch that allows running off during the scene.  Otherwise, the Set Move Route of the dash command will interrupt the SMR of the cutscene, which will really wreck things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.