Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dynamic Lights & Shadows

Seriously I don't know what's wrong... as you did configure your event as it should be.

Is the demo working fine with you?

Are you using other scripts?

You, sir, are a vile fiend. :p
I started working on this a while ago but I had to put it down for a while for my current projects. Although I have to admit I was only doing the Dynamic Shadows to go with a DNS. You went for the lighting too which I have not started, but I have been planning becuase I'll need it for a future project.

Nice work with this script! To be honest with you, I thought I was the only one who ever wanted Dynamic Lighting and Shadows in RMXP ^^ I was wrong!

h?h? thanks and sorry.
That's the same with a script for Stealth based gameplay... can't find a script for that...
So I'm working on it...

Yeah that's because you need to read the instructions lol.. ^^
no, it's because that the represented light is what you can see on the floor not where it exactly comes from.

If you don't like it, just use set the height argument to 0;( look at the instruction for that)

But I should try to improve that, it does look right if the light angle is really large and facing to one side like in my demo; but not in your case.

Thanks for the advice...
Is there a way I could use this script and the anti-lag script in the same project?
Well I know that the angle was wrong, I just tried to make sure I did not enter a wrong (event) comment, he, he.

Well it seems that the only anti lag script that does not make the lights move is f0tz!baerchen's... But there was actually a lag I never experienced while not using any anti lag script...

When i use the script, any screen that i have tinted to look like night is automatically turned to 255,255,255. how can i prevent this from happening?
thanx.

Hum...
you can't for the moment... as the auto-tint override the other call to the screen tinting...
I need to improve that... like be able to enable it or not... and make it better...

how it works.: No tinting if there is no light defined or if all the lights are turned on(basically in that case, it call a screen tinting with 0 value) in the map...
the formula to get the tint value is this one:

value= (lights_off/total_lights)*(-180)
tint(value, value, value, value)
Here the -180 is the complete night value, when all the lights are off.
it all the lights are on ( lights_off = 0) then value = 0
if there is no lights those 2 lines are not even called.

what I need to do, is to change the -180, to the actual screen tinting if there is one else use the -180.

Calis

i want to use this script with the Pixel Movement Script (f0tz!baerchen)

But if i walk with two keys (arrow up&left) then the Lightning Script crashes on Line 360.

My Scripting is bad. My English too^^
Thats why i ask for help.

calis

Weird, it doesn't do that for me, and I use the Pixel Movement Script.

However, I think I'm having a similar issue like rastroll. I want to make lights for use during very dark tinted maps (night time), but the lights are very dull, even after tampering with the values...

I love this script and how it works; very simple and easy! If this could be considered, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

^^ don't worry an update is coming really soon...
Yeah I know that it doesn't use the actual Map tint...It'll be fixed, as with other things as well.
just be a little patient lol

nice job trebor. This is a preety nice script.. I think i may figure out that if a player pases through the light radius of the NPC projecting it, that an event will load. Sort of like, if player is visiable in the light then the NPC may attack the player, sound the alarm or whatever.. You ever think about doing something like that?

yes^^ I'm thinking of doing that, but it's not a part of the DLS, as it has nothing to do with lighting script :D.
I'll release, a Stealth game "engine", based on 1player, with all the stuff related to stealth games. Don't ask me when lol. It's planned :p

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.