Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DRGSS: .net RPG Maker XP/VX Encrypter/Decrypter

Ricoman":3d52oel2 said:
Oh, ok so now that the entire safety net for non-lazy creative people is destroyed, you're giving us band-aid to fix it? Oh boy be still my heart I can hardly hold back my enthusiasm. If I ever found the slimy sonuvabeech what broke Enterbrain's encryption I'd beat 'em with a baseball bat. Cracking a protection system "just because I can" is about as lame as you can get.
Ok, then I'm really lame :D

vgvgf":2m80kxsy said:

Sigh.

This was not meant to be a shot at you personally, vgvgf. This was me just disgusted with the sleaze who originally cracked Enterbrain's encryption and all the asswipes who took that and used it to make fast and easy tools for stealing other's hard work. Sure, they only had to take it to their hacker friends before this but NOW they have quick and easy ready-to-use tools in their OWN hands, making stealing MUCH easier and mass-available.

My gripe is that my 100% custom RPG Maker XP game, with all pre-rendered graphics and environments, is now a no-go because the SECOND I release it all the anti-moral thieves and lazy-ass bastards who steal other's work will decrypt my files and rip all of my hard work off. WHY would I kill myself for hundreds of hours to finish this masterpiece just so THEY can steal it? WHY?

There goes any future plans for RPG Maker.

While things like this do exist, distributing them openly is a lot different to people actually having to seek out or do work themselves.

I understand people will decrypt it. But this has made it immediately and easily possible.

Ricoman":11epvn79 said:
vgvgf":11epvn79 said:

Sigh.

This was not meant to be a shot at you personally, vgvgf. This was me just disgusted with the sleaze who originally cracked Enterbrain's encryption and all the asswipes who took that and used it to make fast and easy tools for stealing other's hard work. Sure, they only had to take it to their hacker friends before this but NOW they have quick and easy ready-to-use tools in their OWN hands, making stealing MUCH easier and mass-available.

My gripe is that my 100% custom RPG Maker XP game, with all pre-rendered graphics and environments, is now a no-go because the SECOND I release it all the anti-moral thieves and lazy-ass bastards who steal other's work will decrypt my files and rip all of my hard work off. WHY would I kill myself for hundreds of hours to finish this masterpiece just so THEY can steal it? WHY?

yeah i agree with this. but i also dont. I am also creating a 100% custom RM game, and i've known abut these decryption tools for a while, and i along with a few other scripters have made out own encryption methods, using these tools alow us to benchmark our encryption. Granted its not the best encryption, but it does stop little script kiddies who use tools and dont actually do what "hardcore" hackers do.

I believe if your going to put all the effort into a 100% custom game, then you should but the effort in to create an ecryption method for your game. but eh, im not worried as i've tested it against every tool out so far none have got through so i have nothing to worry about :)

nice tool though vgvgf

Ricoman, have you seen my other topic? I explain there how to achieve some extra protection for a project. Like all protection systems, it's not perfect, and people would still be able to break it. Cremno has been able to decrypt the test project I made, but my protection method relies on the packer/crypter used for the rgss dll. I used a simple compressor for the dll (It even doesn't encrypt things), but if a better program is used, the protection may be enough difficult to break for stopping most people from decrypting your project.

I have this project seemed very interesting... I tested it and it found several bugs.

When I tried to change the Magic Key in the appropriate box when encrypt, or it gives an error and disables the program, or simply do not want to run (start remains not launched).The same thing happens when I change it when I test decrypt.

This is due to malfunctions in the program, or is it just me such a this problem?

If you enter a bad magickey, you won't be able to start decryption/encryption. Remember that the magic key is a hexadecimal number, and you can't use all characters available. You may use only: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F.

@como, DEADCAFE isn't only obvious, but the encryption algortihm is really easy to break even without having the key.

@valdred:
Wiki":2yyhrguz said:
In cryptography, encryption is the process of transforming information (referred to as plaintext) using an algorithm (called cipher) to make it unreadable to anyone except those possessing special knowledge, usually referred to as a key.
The magic key is that special knowledge. RPG Maker XP/VX uses XOR cypher as encryption algortihm, and the resulted data is based on the key used. Then, the data can only be read when using the same key when encrypting it.

Atoa

This is really goos, great job.

@como, DEADCAFE isn't only obvious, but the encryption algortihm is really easy to break even without having the key.
But this at last will avoid some dumb noobish people from decrypting projects.
Normally people with enough knowledge to decrypt it wouldn't have an reason to do it, almost all people that decrypt projects for stealing reasons are idiots that doesn't even know what is a binary code.

I'm currently developing a rather simple encryption system that should be rgssad proof. If anyone else got projects that they don't want users of this app to steal your stuff, just contact me.

Haha, i actually always release all my demos without any encryption(not even the default one that RPGVX provides). I feel like that way, anyone who wants to find out how i carried out a certain event or something can check it out themselves, I mean how many times have you played a game and said "wow, this cut scene's kickass" then you try to find out how it was done only to find the game file is encrypted -.-

I've got an error message decrypting a rgss2a file. I don't know what it means. Here is the detail:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)
at DRGSS.Decrypter.Start()
at DRGSS.MainForm.buttonStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DRGSS
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/games/LE%20series/LE/DRGSS-v1.1.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

@tsy0302, I haven't add any kind of error handling when reading a encrypted file, so if it fails for any kind of reason (maybe there is an excesive large file, maybe the rgss2a has its magickey changed, or just another reason) DRGSS will stop working.

What game were you trying to decrypt?

Thanks for the reply. It's a Chinese game with many version. I'm sure you've never heard of it. I can decrypt the first one easily. But it didn't work for the second one.The first series is larger than the second one. So the second one I'm trying to decrypt is not a large file. I'm pretty sure he changed the magickey. In the third one it doesn't even have a rgss2a file but have some strange files such as gs.conf, gs.so, gspack.rc, rgss.dll. I'm sure the author doesn't want anyone else to see it.

But if you are curious about the encrypt method, I will send you the game. Tell me which one you want to look at.

Can you send me the second game?

And for the third one, it is really probable that the author changed the filenames of Game.ini, Game.rgss2a, RGSS102E.dll, etc. Try changing the extension of the biggest file to .rgss2a, and then try decrypting. It should be the Game.rgss2a file if the author really did change the filenames, but the decryption may not work if the magickey was changed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N29IC2Z3
I usually use Chinese website to share my file but I'm sure you will have difficulty downloading it.So I use the megaupload. Do you have any good online storage website I can use btw?

For the third I tried chaning their extentions but it didn't work. The game cannot run if I change the extention. He probably used other software to encrypty the file, I don't know. And I cannot see the contents of the files using notepad (to find the game.ini file). All I saw was messy codes inside. Moreover when I tried to save the game, it creat a game.dat file and the save.rvdata file was in the root of the folder rather than inside save fold. So I suspect he used other software to compile the game as well.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.