Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Download Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the download manager, but I put 2 tutorials in there, and they're both gone, and ages ago i put in some graphics, and they're gone! Is some jack ass deleting them or something?
I'm missing my tutorial for vehicle events, tutorial for faces without needing a script, my train tileset, my doodads (Including the book) 3 of my window skins and one character. The only thing to survive is the battle world rpg demo.
Come on! Gimme a break here! Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, can it be fixed or something?

Remember when they were hacked?

I think they used a backup data and the one they used didn't have your tut or graphics on it that's why.

I don't know for sure so don't take my word on it.

Anonymous

All I can tell you is that they're definately not there now, which you already know. Whether you made a mistake uploading them, or one of the approvers deleted them for some reason, I can't say.

They were both there all yesterday and the day before, but when I logged on today, they were all gone. I'm sure I didn't make an upload error and I don't see why they would be deleted.

I'm on my sis's Mac at the moment, I'll try to get them on here soon.
This is what they roughly did:

Face sets with no script
Make a new common event with a parrallel process, and call this face set main. Stretch the canvas of the face set so it is 4x as big, so it can be used as a character, then, in the common event, change the hero graphic to the face graphic, and make a move event action under there that makes the hero change graphic to the character you want. Place in erase event, and anywhere on the map with the starting position, place in a switch operation that activates the common event. When you access the menu, the player will have a face graphic, but on field he will have a normal graphic.

Vehicle Event is way too long to post, I'll copy and paste it sometime, but it can't be because they're good or bad because loads of my graphics have been deleted too. All my window skins, my train tile set and some more stuff, like my icons, and my resource pack. The only survivor is battle world demo.

cos

If everybody's graphics would be accepted just because the person who made think them they are good enought,the quality control will then be useless.
Also read the Terms of Service of the download manager:
RMXP.org reserves the right to delete without warning any file submitted to the database, and to refuse acceptance of any file awaiting moderation. We reserve the right to edit any and all details related to a file, such as file descriptions and posted comments.

cos

I saw them some time ago,and I really don't think they were good enought to be on the download manager.
Anyway this isn't a forum for shouting at injustice.When you posted a download you implicitly accepted the terms of use of the download manager,and as everybody said there isn't any kind of disparition bug,so don't complain.

Edit for Scriblette:I never said they sucked,just that they weren't good enought.As for Despain don't take him too seriously,he always talks like that.Also I'll say it again:this isn't a debate about how good the ressource are!So the rules from ressource analysis don't have anything to do with this post.
Basicly the problem is only that el felixio thinks he is victim of a bug/injustice because his not-so-good ressources aren't validated by the staff to be in the download manager.And by insisting on it shows that he doesn't respects the forum rules.

Edit 2:I think everything has been said on the subject,and that further posting will only lead to unnecessary flame.

PS:Yes,I'm a hater.

Before saying things suck, people (Despain, rather, hehe), please remember: these rules.

Basically, they say to be constructive with criticism. As Tana says:
Choose your words wisely. Do Not say "It's terrible" or "it sucks." If this is how you feel, then choose different vocabulary, such as "I don't like how you...(description here)" or "It could be improved by...(suggestion here)

Instead of saying something sucks, just direct him to your little competition/tutorial for constructive feedback. I suggest checking the competitions forum, El Felixio. Post your resources on photobucket instead, and then link to them in the resource analysis forum to get help. Then if people like them here, you can host them in the download section if photobucket isn't good enough.

Saying something sucks just hurts peoples feelings. It doesn't tell them how to get better - it's negative and hurtful. I'm not saying to lie that you like something, simply that we could use constructive advice from talented spriters like yourself rather than feel unwelcome :)

I did put them into resource analysis, people liked them so I put them in download manager.
I feel really bad when people are really mean to me, which is all the time. Thanks Scribblette, you're the first person to say: Don't be mean, it's hurtfull.

Always keep a backup, and keep them on photobucket as well or at http://www.imageshack.us (they don't seem to get resized there as much). Don't let the download manager here be the only place, since there must be some overly fussy people here. Or you can host them on your website too :)

And no problem, mate - I know how awful it feels when people are just randomly rude or cruel. It's not difficult to be a decent human being, but sometimes some people just can't be bothered (or for those with issues, it makes them feel better or more 'powerful' when they're mean, which is just sad).

I'm pretty sure they'll stick around better if you try hosting them at Dubealex's Creation Asylum or perhaps at RPG-Palace :) if they're anything like the critters in your signature, I like 'em!

And thanks. I'm just a hypersensitive nut who understands feelings but can't deal with 'em. ^_^

Anonymous

Okay, this is sort of turning into the sort of conversation that should be by PM. El felixio, if you have a question about whether or not something is appropriate for the download manager, post it in resource analysis, or PM it to an approver (without spamming them to death, though, please).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.