Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Download Manager Limit?

I've spent some time browsing the forums and poured over the user agreement, but I just couldn't find an answer to my question. I think it's partly because the forum was hacked and some of the older posts are gone. I noticed that there is a limit to the number of resources that can be accessed. I imagine it's there to reduce the the load on the servers and to prevent people from abusing the manager. I also noticed that the number of allowable downloads will go down at some point.

Now, this is where my questions comes in :) . How long is it before that timer is reset? Is there anything that can reset the timer faster (such as participating in conversations or uploading files)? And, finally, are there different limits for different people?

Thank you :$

The limit is reset the next day. I don't think you can speed that up. And there may different limits for different people... like the .org Resource Army (ORA) or Subscribers/Sponsors folks may have a higher limit. Though ORA people upload not download... Either way, all people in the 'Members' user group have the same limit.

Thanks for the reply :)

I hadn't realised there was a limit at first, but I'll be mindful of it in the future :D

**Edit: And I almost forgot ... Happy Birthday, Me! (at least that's what it says on the main page :D )

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.