Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Demo/VX] VX Chronicles(Part 2 Demo 1!!)

Dead content awaiting restoration.
55026059.png

VX CHRONICLES
By rpgmakersforum.com's RPGMAKER

Thousands of years ago this world was nothing like today, it was in a great peril. Now it peaceful, then it was nothing of the sort. A war was amidst the world at this time between the darkness (creatures like trolls, orcs, goblins, shifters which were creatures that can form into anything.) and the humans. It started when the creatures the creatures felt the need for power and the only way to get it was to fight the power already in place. The creatures wanted this power because the humans treated them like slaves or just killed them off. . Those who were not unkind like the rest were slaves those who were unkind were seeing as the beasts they truly were and killed. The creatures then created ruins which contained orbs that were activated by gems, when these gems would light up it would let the creatures know they were planning the war strategies. The war soon began and it looked like the humans would soon loose, something had to be done. This war went on for many years, until one day, a great and powerful wizard arose from the battlefield. He summoned the creatures into gems which the creatures had created themselves and trapped them in there. The war then stopped, those monsters un-summoned surrendered and stayed in hiding for many years. The crystals were then shattered into hundreds of pieces and hid from the world. The war was over and everything was peaceful yet again.
It is not, this time, the time of peace I spoke of earlier that the creatures are once again returning from there hiding places. Lead by another human, a man so cruel he with them search for the hidden shards hoping to re-summon the darkness and finish the war they started! Not many people know about the war as the counsel a collection of twelve people from each city who know the secrets chosen not to reveal those secrets and to tell those who do know to keep it secret. They use all there power to keep the secret away from the people. No punishment was made on those who told the secret but it was said that those who did soon forgot about it completely along with the person who was told. It is now the adventure you are on that people are noticing things. As it gets worse the secret must get revealed, but the counsel continues to fight and keep it a secret from the people. In order to keep the secret they chose one human (the main character) to fin the shards before this other guy does and hopefully destroy him once and for all! IF he succeeds it will keep peace amongst the world and stop the secret from seeking further into human minds.
The counsel was a group created to keep the secrets from the people secrets that would destroy the world forever, create wars, violence, something this world does not need! The counsel was started when a young man saw the war and lived through it. He lived for hundreds of years and saw the history of this world soon being forgotten, only a few chose to remember it, one of them being him. As years passed he began to notice that the history was being forgotten al together and for those who remembered it, it brought chaos. In hope to stop the chaos but still keep the knowing of the history of this place he set out to find the people who knew these things. It was then the counsel was created and passed on for generations. You may ask why not just erase the history completely? Well the man who created it wanted the history of the world to be known as it was a great thing to know at least for future generations when the secret must be told to the world. That time near but its not up to the counsel itself, it is up to the leader of the counsel who is chosen by none other then the counsel themselves. But in the counsel it is every for themselves so it is impossible to be chosen. When, if ever someone is chosen then the secret will be revealed (if the leader so chooses).
Shiron:
This is the main character, played by you. He was born in this world as a second generation son of one of the counsel members. It was one day that while he was traveling the secrets are revealed to him. He is soon captured by the counsel and taken to the counsel meeting place (A church in the biggest town of the world). There more secrets are revealed and the counsel decides to erase his memory but the women who spilled the secrets (who happened to be a counsel member) begs to differ. She fights with them saying that she feels he has goodness in him. Him being a relative to one of the already counsel members he can be chosen. “He already knows the secrets” she fights. So with much debate and conversation the counsel comes to a decision and he is chosen as the new counsel member but to probe himself worthy he must find the outcast member and capture him along with the shard

Tetsuya:
This is a party member who like the women who has the daughter lost in the maze is a counsel member(you find this out or i hope you do when you are in the forest asking what has happened and why the relic is activated and all of a sudden the girl your talking to goes crazy etc) (See demo to get what i mean).

Miruki
This is the women who lost her daughter. She is a counsel member and becomes apart of your team after you are recruited to the counsel. She is really nice but can get mad easily.

Other guy (no name yet, no faceset yet):
The other guy was born to this world just the same as the chosen one. He was chosen as a counsel member and then outcast. (Yes, if you haven’t figured out already the main character is related to the other guy). Un-blind to the counsel’s identity and the secrets they chose to keep he fled from the counsel so his memory would not be erased. It was then he went over the secrets one more time and plotted against the counsel and went out to search for the shards.
Main Title(NEW!!!!!)

PART 1:
23845574.png

Florea Town(First Town/Main Characters Home):
maintownyb0.png

Saychan Village:
37675026nl8.png

A random scene about the orbs scattered around:
73665365kd7.png

Another scene(the big long scene of the game!!)
anotherscenesg5.png

PART 2:

*Will Update with Part 2 Screenshots when it is released this week(Week of July 13th 2009)
(CURRENTLY ONLY PART !)

Download Part 1:

With RTP:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddyj7bihdtp

Without RTP - WARNING 30+ MB'S!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?wkdzixafa0d

You can download the RTP here: http://tkool.jp/rtp/vx_rtp102e.zip"]http://tkool.jp/rtp/vx_rtp102e.zip
Features/addons:

The Game:
- Side View Battle System*NEW!!!
- Lite Menu
- On screen Shop
- Map name pop up
- Save confirmation
- VX script fixes
- Pause
_ Level Up Recover
- Patching *Removed in Part 2
- Nothing much but I thought i would let you know what to expect and some of the features already implemented

Part 1:
- 30 - 40 Minutes of play!
- 2 Main Villages

Part 2:
- 40 - 60 minutes of game play! *For new players who are playing part 1 as well as 2.
- 30 - 40 minutes of game play! *For Players who have played part 1 and are continuing from part 2!
- 3 Main Villages added

Comments or Criticism about the game is welcomed.

It looks very promising
I am very like the maps and the story looks good
It is cool that you can choose answers, can the plot be changed according to the choices?

The only thing I don't like is that Shiron only saying "............."
I am kind of understand why you have done it this way, but I am not really liked it

I know it can be annoying but to have to repeat everything over again can be very annoying cause your like I just read that. Also I am thinking about including an option of you actually deciding to go after the guy or not(Actually destroying him or not) based on how you answer some questions and the final question if you will or not :D. I will try to think of something in place of the "...." so that its more suiting to the game :D

Nachos

Sponsor

Ok, the choices thing is a really good idea, I've done it once and it gives a great expreience.
The mapping is very good, mainly because VX it's more user-freindly.

Keep it up,

"Shiron". I bet he's a virgin too.

Yeah vx is a bit more easier to map with making it easier to make great maps credit seraphics for those maps the next few ones will be made by me :D. Also nice joke lol

Update:
Well after about a week of nonstop work(literally) I got VX Chronicles version .02(Demo 2) done and with no or very very little bugs :D I hope. It is out of beta now so everything should be fine. Some things, actually a lot of things did change to the beginning of the game but I also added about 10-20 minutes more of play. When i played it(Doing everything you could possibly do in the game) it lasted about 50 minutes. If you don't do everything possible and rush through it it is about 30 minutes. If you see any problems or have any please post them here and I will make sure to take not of that and fix it asap. Now I decided to release a rtp version and non rtp version for those who dont have the rtp.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddyj7bihdtp

http://www.mediafire.com/?wkdzixafa0d - Download to RTP version(in case you don't have rtp) WARNING 30+ MB'S!!

You can download the RTP here: http://tkool.jp/rtp/vx_rtp102e.zip

Features/addons:

- 50 Minutes of play time depending on your comp specs and how fast you read etc. There are many things that happen in this demo that are important to the storyline and I mean pretty much everything imoportant so give it a try .

New!! Day and night!
- Lite Menu
- On screen Shop
- Map name pop up
- Save confirmation
- VX script fixes
- Pause
_ Level Up Recover
- Patching

-Nothing much but i thought i would let you know what to expect and some of the features already implemented.

In the next version I plan to have a battle system where the battles occur on map, what I mean by that is the monsters would be walking around on the map(not too many monsters cause the maps aren't that big) and i they spot you they run after you but you have the chance to get away by running away. You can also dodge fighting them by walking around them if they are facing the opposite way to you etc. And then a sideview battle system probably after that encounter occurs (probably an evented one made by none other then me :D but I dunno. Also I would like to say that Seraphica has said goodbye to VX chronicles but we all know he is busy :D so I shall thank him for what he has helped with so far.

It looks interesting, but there's still only one screenie. I need to see more to convince me to download the game.

Also, the picture in your history description is the wrong link. It leads to a "404" page.

Alright I will post a few more screenshots and that's weird there shouldn't be a link there I must have accidentally pasted it there lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.