Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dash system with multiple speeds

I know that dash systems are pretty easy. So this is for anyone that is new and hasn't played around with rpg maker much. Plus I've added two speeds to the system. Ok the first thing we are gonna want to do is to make a common. Set it to parallel and name it dash system or whatever you'de like. It should look a little like this.
dashsystem.jpg
Going by this you can press y also known as s on your keyboard to slightly speed up. Pressing y (s) again will make you go super fast and finally pressing it a third time will bring you back to normal.

You could also add a sneek system in there simply by adding another button pushed like z (d) and that could minus 1 to the variable with a negative 1 being speed 3 and -2 being speed 2 and so on.

I hope this was helpfull to someone and if you have any requests for system I'll try my best to make them. As long as it's not scripting that is.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad this was usefull. If anyone has any ideas for new systems let me know. I love to try and work out new challenges.

Zeriab

Sponsor

I would suggest changing the speed of the player with a call script instead.
It requires adding this somewhere above main. (Put it in its own section)
[rgss]class Game_Character
  attr_accessor :move_speed
end
[/rgss]

After that you can use this script call: (Change 5 to whatever speed you want)
[rgss]$game_player.move_speed = 5
[/rgss]

If you don't want to add a new section to the scripts then you can use this script call:
[rgss]str = '@move_speed = 5'
$game_player.instance_eval(str)
[/rgss]

You may ask yourself why bother doing this?
The reason is that you are currently setting a move route for changing the speed of the player.
This will override any move route the player may have, which effectively cancels it.
In other words it may feel like trying to move the player with a move route won't work.
This is not an issue with the scripted version.

@surengin:
You have to turn ON switch 8 or it won't work.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.