Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Creating a random skill with common events.

Seda

Hello again!
I am currently trying to create a skill via events / common events that randomly selects a spell from a list. I've got it working right for the most part, except my only issue is that when I try and force a character to use a skill, they won't act and it skips their turn.

Here is a screenshot of my common event so far:
Kos4RTk.jpg

and here is a screenshot of the skill in my database:
0qi7RnP.jpg

Am I doing anything wrong?

Seda

So I just tried tinkering around with the Scope settings of my "Lovers" skill (Healing spell). By setting the scope to none the game locks up. Any other scope type and the turn is skipped. My "Skill Failed..!" Message pops up just fine when that number is pulled.

When I tried recreating the conditions I never had the game freeze.
I tested out the other skill scopes. Seems like the Forced Action needs to be set to random target in order to use a skill with an "All" scope too.

Seda

I'm pretty sure at this point it has got something to do with the script(s) I am currently running ("Enu SBS Tanketai XP"). I think it's interfering with the "Force Action" command. :crazy:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.