Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Complete Games section v2.1

The next round of the improvements to the Complete Games section has been finished, apologies for not implementing it during the last developments!

The features:

• Screenshots
  • Reviews
  • Development Blogs

All attached to games.

Here's how it works. At the top of each complete game, you'll find this toolbar:

r12sqVK.png

Click the green buttons to View Those Things. Clicking them brings up a typical forum view, allowing you to look at all of the development posts for a game, all of its reviews, or all of the screenshots that have been posted for it.

Click the orange + buttons to add one of said things to it. Add a development blog post, add a comment, add a screenshot, or add a review of the game.

You can see an example here:

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=78108

By viewing the forums generally, you can enter the screenshots, reviews, or development blogs section to view said posts for all games, as a general forum. You can post such things not attached to games at all.

If you want to later attach it to a game, just enter its code in the title box. You can get this code from its url, for example in the above, 78108 is the game's code.

Fixed bug with missing game logos - although I will go through and add the missing ones tonight if I remember (unless those without want to make some of their own).

The next step will be to make it so that the individual screenshot galleries for games look like the general screenshots gallery, like this: www.arpgmaker.com/forums/325

That will take a bit of work but I will try this tonight if I get time.

The gallery is posing some problems, gonna have to try and work out how to do it. For now individual game screenshot galleries just look like a forum.

Some improvements:

- split the three collector boards from the games board, so it doesn't override the latest post in that board.
- the game page header now displays on screenshots, reviews and dev blogs of that game (posts only so far), so that it feels like it is a part of that game's page.
- There is now a bit of integration with the homepage/portal

There are still a few things I would like to improve on, add or fix. Mainly:

- add the game page header to "forum view" for screenshots, dev blogs and reviews
- remake the screenshot view, as we lost it in the caffuffle
- encourage content and discussion
- somehow removed spaces from game titles, will fix that

Also, a thought.

How about when you click submit screenshot, instead of taking you to a post thread page, it brings up a pop-up.

That pop-up asks you for a url to an image and nothing else. It then uses the old Twitter like system I made to make the post for you.

So adding a screenshot to a game is as simple as clicking add and pasting a url.

:shock: It is done!

Instead of the convoluted forum-based screenshot submission system, to add a screenshot to a game all you need to do is click the + button which opens this box:

sswrR7a.png

A few changes; mainly that the header on game pages now follows through into the reviews, dev blogs and screenshot sections for that game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.