Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Breath of fire: Battle system_azrith001 style

Well I used Phoenix Flame's BOF battle system and styled it.

Well I havent been on RMXP.org in a while so I dont reall know what to say.. This system was created by me.. and I hope you like it. If you have any questions or somthing then email me at azrith001@hotmail.com.. also I dont mind if you add me to IM, just make sure your not a NOOB looking for a rly good scritper as a friend to mooch off of. Cause I will block you if you are.

NEW ADDONS:
  • Individual battle commands
  • My animation system for RTAB
  • styleized menu's
  • ("Make sure to check in for the skill and item window styles later...")

Screenie:
shot3.png

Demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5lyd14edxcy

Thanks azrith001
Give Credit to me, and Phoenix Flame

I don't see a problem with this one, considering the original script was made on (what I assume to be) the Japanese version, and this one seems to work in the English legal version.

azrith001, you NEED to get the legal version of the program, or your future posts run the risk of getting closed.

pirate hater just because he use the illegal version doesn't mean
he's a some evil bastard and all his scripts must be banned
I mean give him a chance yes he isn't paying for it but give him a chance...

Uh, Yoshine, it helps if you don't dribble unless you know what you're flapping your fingers about.  Most scripts made in the illegal version don't work in the legal version.  Considering the only version we actively support IS the legal version (even though we do not have the strict anti-pirating laws of the previous administration), it would be in poor taste to release a script that didn't work.

Yoshine: Those are the rules set forth by this community's administration. "That's the way the cookie crumbles," as it were. The topics were closed, but at least the links to the scripts remain. They're not nazis, so calm down.

As I said before:

I don't see a problem with this one, considering the original script was made on (what I assume to be) the Japanese version, and this one seems to work in the English legal version.

So I don't really see the sense in locking this one, even if he is banned.

Oburi

Can someone rewrite it a lil bit for me?
Just change the actor states...
The window is shown with a windowskin. I need it with a picture.
Pls help me fast...

Taylor

Sponsor

I like how this version actually has animations set up correctly. XD The original script posted here had still idle poses with frozen movement to attack... and stuff. And it has a nice WindowSkin. ^^

However the skill and item windows need editing, the skill window graphic is formatted only to have one skill rather than... well ANYTHING else. I'm sure it would be fine if it was resized and edited to use one column and have only one skill visible at a time. But right now if you have two skills one is right on the edge of the picture that displays skills.

I was wondering if anybody here would be willing to help my small and humble team? We were currently working on a Suikoden Project. Over the last two days the scripter/spriter on our team were taking about the battle system we want to use and she showed me this Breath of Fire System. It is almost perfect. The 45 degree angle view, with the moving battlers is exactly what I need for a suikoden game. It is the only battle system I've seen like it. There are a few problems with it though. The scripts are translated but they aren't categorized at all. My scripter can't figure out which scripts do what, and she's a pretty good scripter too.

Here is what we need:
-Some one to tell us what each of the scripts is for.

and/or

-Someone to yank out the ATB, we need our game to be turn based.
-return the fight or run menu

Or if anybody can recommend an alternative battle system with the same 45 degree angle view.

I didn't think that this view was even possible with RMXP but now that it is I can never look back. So please, if you can help us, we will owe you an eternal debt of grattitude.

azrith001, your script lacks information/documentation.
Please update your first post with as much information as possible.

Also, note that you must provide the script in text format, either posting it in your post or, if it's too big, as a .txt file.

Thank you
-Dargor

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.