Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Bestiary script problem

Hi, i get this problem whenever I open up my ring-menu and select
the Items option, to open the items... im using mog's menu script.
This does not happen if i open the items in battle though, if that helps.

anyone know how i can solve this please? the line highlighted 107 is the problem.

problem_zpsv5wa3oos.png

It looks like the Bestiary script rewrote the window class to do something differently. Moving the Bestiary Script around the Ring Menu might fix any conflict. Or you could comment out that entire initialize method and see what's different.

nope moved it around and tried 3 other empty slots i had on the ring menu and
unfortunately i get the same issue.. seems i mite have to NOT use this bestiary,
and see if i can find another that uses battler pictures and NOT characters as
my custom battler pics dont have character sheets to go with them :(

allen2014.. the name of ALL the icon graphics are correct and anything else I
have to name.. ti just looks like there seems to be a script compatability
problem with another script im using that uses the same window class.

This may not actually have anything to do with the Bestiary script. That one is just rewriting the Window_Base class, but really the problem is not actually in the screenshot. I would guess the problem is that somewhere a script is trying to create a window that is too small. Then the Window_Base initialize method tries to make a bitmap with width or height of 0, which would throw that error.

Try installing my (and Zeriab's) debugging script. That should make the error that pops up include a full backtrace so we can figure out what window is actually causing your error. You can ignore the instructions about modifying your Scene classes.

hi rey meustrus.. i seemed to have solved the problem, im now using the non-sdk blizzard bestiary
and it all seems to be running good at the moment, but im sure i'll probably come into another
problem somewhere down the line, ty for your time.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.