Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ATOA ACBS Individual Battle Commands addon problem

Hi folks,
Im having a problem with the ATOA ACBS by Victor Sant (RMXP).
Im using the regular ATOA ACBS with the addon "Individual Battle Commands" which allows the user you to make diferent battle action commands for each actor like in Final fantasy where you could chose between dark magic and white magic.

Problem is: When I install the script it works quite fine, theres just one problem I can see so far: Whenever I use a skill that just targets the user itself, I get a error code on line 186 at the ACBS | Arrow Class code. Funny thing is, sometimes I get the error on 179, sometimes on 186. LOL When I dont use the individual battle commands, it works quite fine. Something must be wrong withhin the script itself I guess, but im not sure what IS wrong.

Mind to have a look?
Download the Project and try to use the skill at the battle command whitemagic, you will get an error.
Have also a look on the script "Individual Battle Commands"
Heres the LINK:
ATOAACBSTESTWITHINDIVIDUALBATTLECOMMAND.rar

This Alias isn't typed right, it's basically stuck in a loop
just add "_ibc" to the alias name in these 2 places. And it should work.

alias_zpsxiu2mhwk.png

It worked. It really worked. Amazing!
Tested it so far and it seems to work.
Could do you do me just a a favour?
Could you have a closer look to the full Script it self and check if there are more bugs.

Well, it's has different update methods that are all basically the same except for where the cursor was positioned.
Why could you target enemies but not yourself? They were basically identical.
And that's when I spotted the naming inconstancy.

As far as I could tell, the rest of the aliases were written correctly. It's kinda weird that cursor even needs multiple update methods when the only thing that's changing is it's coordinates. IMO, it could have been all one method and make the code a lot tighter. But changing it now would be like untangling Christmas tree lights.

You might want to test all the targeting ranges: Self, Ally, All allies, Enemy, All enemies, K.O. ally ect... and see if they work like they're suppose to. Like, you shouldn't be able to move the cursor if a skill range is just "self".
I've found cosmetic bugs like that in different battle systems before. Like, entering a battle with K.O. party members didn't put them on the screen and the game crashes when the cursor didn't know what it was targeting.

Sorry to bump that script.
But where do I find the line to actually change size (width) of the window battle command?
Is it in this line?
line 258:
@actor_command_window = Window_Command_IBC.new(140, @individual_commands, @active_battler)
Im not really sure.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.