Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Armor reduce damage by percent

I am using RPG Maker Xp with Behemoth's Projectile ABS. I have been googling for a few hours trying to figure out how to make armors reduce damage by percentages rather than the default calculation. I installed a Custom defense script that assigns a percent damage reduction to shields when defending. I think my problem is that Behemoth's Projectile ABS doesn't use defending. I put a force action command on a parallel process but when I took damage, I took full damage rather than the 50% it is set to in the script. I can't seem to get my character to defend because defending only occurs in battle mode in the default battle system. I would like to have defend always on but my character to move freely while shooting and what not just so I can utilize the percent defense from shields. Or, is there a better way of doing this? I plan to have armors give defense percentages from 5% all the way up to around 80 or 90% and everything in between. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.