Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Angelman's Light Tutorial

thanks guys that helped me alot :) but there is another problem in my game... the picture keeps coming up on every other map, is there a way to fix this?

For every transport player event on that map, use a command Erase Picture #__ before the transport command. Or just have the command on the other maps that the player will be transported to as a parallel process, followed by Erase Event.

Ha ha. Everybody listen to Reives! He know's what he's talking about, probably better than I do. :P

Also, just a reminder that you need separate X,Y screen coordinates for each light. So if you want to have a lot of lights in a room, prepare for a lot of variables!

Thanks,

Angelman

Acera

Sponsor

Good tutorial. It worked out quite well (not using it, but the battle vs pictures was always won by the pictures, not this time though)
Apologies, I didn't even notice that this thread was from may 2007 O.o

~Acera

Blue Lake: I'm not sure how it would mess your game up. Maybe you're using another tutorial to do with pictures? PM me and maybe I could help. :D

Windu: Glad you liked it. :)

Thanks,

Angelman

PS: Acera: I already recieved an infraction for this some time ago and I am using the legal version of RMXP now. I didn't see the reasoning in uploading all the pictures again, since they still provide the basic concept of the tutorial. Thank you for your concern, though. :)

Ha ha damn, COTS beat me to it, but yes you need to set one of the pictures to picture 1, one to picture 2, and one to picture 3. Does that help?

Thanks,

Angelman

( _f 'д')_f  I need help! Where can I find that light you use (the candle)? Wo ist das Kerzen graphisch? Bitte hilf mir!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.