Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

An Ancient City has been Discovered!

Whilst exploring the lands of Harbinger, I discovered some few islands twisted and warped by dark magics beyond my understanding. Thusly, I decided to discovered what these strange islands hid, and as such, learn more about the magics that had twisted them so. As such, my first target was a series of snowy islands to the East, that had been rent asunder by the force of the strange magics.

Upon closer investigation, I discovered that these islands and the surrounding ocean once harbored a city, in the long distant past. This city, through forces unknown, had been banished to the Void, and the lands beneath it laid waste. This must have happened in the far distant past, as the ocean has long since risen to cover the lands claimed by this ancient bastion of civilization.

After much work, and more trials and tribulations, I managed to reclaim a few of the buildings from the cold clutches of the void. Following that, I was forced to restore the buildings to a usable state, seeing as they were deep within the briny depths.

I come to you with an offer, nay, a privilege. I would like to offer some of these myriad structures I am reclaiming from the ancient past to other residents of Harbinger, for a price. Some of the buildings were monumental structures that reach above the ocean to this day, while others have long since been swallowed by the ocean itself. I see where there was a market, parks, and many other such amenities of a truly civilized life.

My offer is this: I will give you, the inhabitants of Harbinger, buildings that I reclaim from the Void. I will restore these buildings as I claim them, so that they may withstand the pressures of the deep ocean. As such, I don't think it wise for you to alter the exterior of the buildings once I am done, but rather, to work within the interior only. Eventually, there will be shops, some made by players, others made by the native residents of this cruel world. There will be other amenities as well, for I see such things as the remnant of an ancient sport long since forgotten, one that may yet be reclaimed from the savage grip of time itself.

All right, time to explain the post above. I'm building a city, called Froreport, to the East of Sprocket. (Really, it's north, but the command we use calls it East, so whatever.) Anyway, anyone who wants to purchase a "lot" (or more than one!) can just make a post in this thread, and I'll get started on it for them. Please note that there are several rules regarding the lots, which I'll go into below. Currently, there are only a couple types of lot available, but as I expand the city, more types will show up. When you buy a lot, I will build an exterior and remove the water from inside, and you're free to do whatever you like inside. Each type of lot has a base price, but you can make requests, and those will affect the prices of the lots. Anyway, on to the lot types:

Type 1: Submerged Skyscrapers:
This type of lot extends from the ocean floor to roughly 20 blocks above sea level. The ones I have built thus far are six stories tall, and most floors are two blocks thick, to allow for differentiation between roof and floor materials. The horizontal area of the lot will vary, although I am offering three sizes, detailed below by price. Please note that these lots are reachable from both the surface and the underwater roads I have built on the seafloor.

Small: 10,000 cogs: The floor space (not including walls) of the small lots is 9x9 at the base, although the style I am using dictates that some floors above sea level may be smaller. This type of lot is a corner of a block, and is roughly 4/25 of the size of a block.

Medium: 15,000 cogs: The floor space (not including walls) of the small lots is 14x9 at the base, although the style I am using dictates that some floors above sea level may be smaller. This type of lot is a corner of a block, and is roughly 6/25 of the size of a block.

Large: 22,500 cogs: The floor space (not including walls) of the small lots is 14x14 at the base, although the style I am using dictates that some floors above sea level may be smaller. This type of lot is a corner of a block, and is roughly 9/25 of the size of a block.

Type 2: Fully Submerged:
This type of lot is fully underwater, and, as such, is less expensive. These lots have a negotiable height, so long as they remain fully underwater. They are accessible via streets I have built under the ocean, so don't worry about drowning. Please note that this type of lot is interchangeable with the type above at the moment, so you don't have to worry about waiting for me to start on a short or tall lot to choose the type you want.

Small: 5,000 cogs: The floor space (not including walls) of the small lots is 9x9 at the base. This type of lot is a corner of a block, and is roughly 4/25 of the size of a block.

Medium: 7,500 cogs: The floor space (not including walls) of the small lots is 14x9 at the base. This type of lot is a corner of a block, and is roughly 6/25 of the size of a block.

Large: 11,250 cogs: The floor space (not including walls) of the small lots is 14x14 at the base. This type of lot is a corner of a block, and is roughly 9/25 of the size of a block.

There are some rules regarding lots you have purchased, and I might as well give them to you here:

No Changing the Exterior: I am trying to build Froreport with a certain pattern, and I would like you to ask me about any changes you are making to your building's exterior before making them. A demo is helpful, as it gives me an idea of what it will look like. Please keep in mind that any changes will have to be made by you.
No Digging: I would much prefer that nobody make a massive mine under the city. I will be doing periodic sweeps of the area via a see-through texture pack to see if anyone has started to dig underneath the city. This does NOT mean you can't dig. It just means ask me first, and give me an idea of what you want to do. If it's reasonable, and doesn't do something silly like going below someone else's lot, I'll probably say yes.
No Griefing: This rule holds serverwide anyway, but I thought I should emphasize it here. Destroying any block not on your lot is not allowed, and I'm recommending Ven install Logblock due to the fact that things like this aren't currently protected. (This isn't the only city on the server that isn't protected, as I'm sure everyone knows)
Interiors CANNOT be empty!: If you are purchasing a lot, I expect you to finish the interior within a reasonable timeframe. Barring sudden intrusions by real life, I would expect it to be finished within three weeks or so of me telling you that you are free to move in.
You might name a street: If you purchase a lot, and I have to build a new street to get you a door, then I will give you the opportunity to name the street, as long as it's reasonable, and not rude or obscene or anything like that. However, naming a street after yourself is a bit rude in and of itself, so I won't really allow that either.

Currently, lots are being laid out in the following sort of pattern:

##
##

Where the lots are defined in the following colors:

Large Lot
Medium Lot
Small Lot

If you would like to purchase a lot (or more than one!) just post using the following form:

Minecraft Username:
Lot Type:
Special Requests:
You can request pretty much anything, and I'll probably consider it. For example, you could request to purchase an entire block and have it merged into a single building, and I would probably do it, though the price would reflect it. You could also request a significantly taller lot, or something to that effect, and I would probably consider it too. You could also request something silly like buying several buildings next to each other and having them connected via bridges or some such thing. The point is, if you want something, and I haven't explicitly stated it here, feel free to ask, and I'll consider it, so long as it isn't something outrageous, like walls made of solid gold.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Then I shall be your First customer...

All Submerged - 1small, 2Mediums, & 1Large
All Fully Submerged - 1small, 2Mediums, & 1Large

And I think I will call the... "Hero's building."

I may only have 50 cogs now, but seriously... getting more is simple.

EDIT: 72,000 Cogs Earned... :tongue:

Underwater city?

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

I'm gonna buy some lots in next few days. Stay tuned.

Eventing_Guy":3b52uxz3 said:
Then I shall be your First customer...

All Submerged - 1small, 2Mediums, & 1Large
All Fully Submerged - 1small, 2Mediums, & 1Large

And I think I will call the... "Hero's building."

I may only have 50 cogs now, but seriously... getting more is simple.

EDIT: 72,000 Cogs Earned... :tongue:

Did you have any requests, or did you want them as individual lots? And did you want them mixed together, or anything like that?

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Wait what... :eek::

Maybe we should discuss what a Building is first... (In game next we meet)
Cause I think we might have different opinions... on what a building is.

Eventing_Guy":1oluvu0a said:
Wait what... :eek::

Maybe we should discuss what a place is first...
Cause I think we might have different opinions... on what a building is.

Meet me at the city, and I'll show you.

The simple explanation is that each lot will have a building on it. You can request merged lots, in which case I will combine the buildings. I have some buildings already in place that I can use to show you what I mean by building, by the way.

GameBoy":xtli6hye said:
Post some screenshots, I'm curious what it looks like and I can't play right now. :x

I'll get a few screens as soon as I finish Eventing_Guy's lots and the other lots I outlined. Just a warning for all of you: I recommend NOT merging more than two lots together. I'm going to have to set a sort of price multiplier per merged lots, where it's price X the number of buildings being merged into one building. On top of that, I'm going to have to add a sort of minor multiplier on the price of extra floors, because this building is MASSIVE, and it's sort of an eyesore. (Maybe an extra 0.5 added to the merger multiplier per floor, meaning this one I'm building is going to be base price x 5.5 (four buildings being merged, plus three extra floors), which would mean that, at the least, the lots are going to cost 343,750 cogs. Eventing_Guy, I'm sorry to do that, but the price is sort of to encourage people not to try this in the future. Also, guys, keep in mind that there are FAR less expensive ways to merge lots than this. Specifically, you can request something like bridges between multiple lots. (Which should be a simple flat fee, not a multiplier)

Eventing_Guy, if you need time to make enough money to pay for the lot, feel free to ask for it. If you would rather have another lot, you can also ask for that, and I'll finish this one and put it up for sale. I'm sure someone would be willing to pay that.

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Hahahahaha!!! :haha:

Looks like I have some Mining to do...

I made 72,000 in only 3 trips... back and forth mining to selling stuff.

So ya, give me some time to get the money ready... I'll Have the money.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.