Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Action Game Maker Trial Released!

Enterbrain has released a trial version for AGM.
http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/trial/act_trial.html

Trial Limitations

Action Game Maker Trial Version

Information:

Pre-Requsistes:
- DirectX 9.0c
- .NET Framework 2.0 SP1

Which Version To Download:
If you've previously installed the 3 Game Sample Pack then download the Non-DirectX Version (139MB). For everyone else install the DirectX Version (226MB), also install this version if your having troubles with Action Game Maker.

Limitations:
1. Upon starting the program, a single network check will be run.
In order to check that you are able to connect to out network to register your game, the trial version will connect to the network server once. No personal information will be sent via this connection. Please note that in the full version this network connection will be established frequently.
2. Only up to 20 canvases can be created.
In the trial version, a limit of 20 canvases is enforced. The full version will have no limitations.
3. Only up to 100 gadgets can be created.
In the trial version, a limit of 100 gadgets is enforced. The full version will have no limitations.
4. Readable data is limited.
Data that exceeds the limits written above is not readable in the trial version. All data is readable in the full version.
5. The amount of times you can save a project is limited.
The trial version limits the number of times you can save a project to 50 times. The full version will have no limitations.
6. New "Images", "BGM" and "SE" cannot be added.
In the trial version, you cannot import or export images, BGM, or SE. In the full version, all items can be imported and exported.
7. The selections in the "New Game Wizard" are limited.
In the trial version, the "New Game Wizard" can only be used to select "Simple Action", "Simple Action RPG" and "Simple Shooting" from each of the genres. You cannot select the screen size either. In the full version, each genre can be edited in various ways such as different atmospheres, music, or player characters. You can also create a game from scratch with no wizard, and set the screen size.
8. Games cannot be exported.
In the trial version, games cannot be exported. In the full version, games can be exported to work on Windows (DirectX), Microsoft XNA and Abode Flex SDK (.SWF)
9. Settings cannot be altered
In the trial version, the editors configuration settings cannot be used. In the full version they can be freely changed.
10. The program cannot be updated.
The trial version cannot be updated with the full versions updates.

How To Install/Run:
1. Double click the compressed file and uncompressed it. This will create a file folder called "アクションゲームツクール体験版".
2. Next, open the "アクションゲームツクール体験版" folder and run setup.exe. This will start the setup.
3. To run the trial version, DirectX 9.0c and .NET Framework 2.0 are needed. They are included in the install package so follow the instructions within the setup. If they are already installed, they will be skipped.
4. After the setup completes, open the start menu and navigate as follows: "All Programs" -> "Enterbrain" -> "アクションゲームツクール体験版" -> "アクションゲームツクール体験版" and run to start the trial

How To Uninstall:
XP:
1. Click Start, Control Panel and select Add/Remove Programs.
2. Find アクションゲームツクール体験版 and click uninstall.
Vista:
1. Click Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features then select Uninstall.
2. Find アクションゲームツクール体験版 and click uninstall.

System Requirements:
OS: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista with DirectX9.0c (Not tested on 64-bit versions.)
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or better (Intel Core 2 Duo or better recommended)
Memory: 512MB or more (2GB recommended)
Disk Space: The trial version requires 200MB of disk space.
Video Card: 1024×768 resolution or higher.
Sound Card: Any card capable of 16bit Stereo, 44.1kHz or 48kHz WAV bitrate.
DVD-ROM: Not needed for the trial version. (Required for the full version)
Internet Connection: Required for the first run.

Twirly":3bdxgzga said:
shadowmimiiru":3bdxgzga said:
Elemental Crisis":3bdxgzga said:
An English patch for the trial has been released, I can't link to it but it shouldn't be too hard to find. :)

Not as easy as you'd think.
If you think, it isn't hard :x
Also, ever heard about google?
Good job, now I can practice with this programe to make my arpg, thank you Elemental crisis (heh)
Ps:
I am uploading a non DX file on xieke

Why yes, yes I have you sarcastic bastard. In fact here's the search I did for it before posting here.

Jason

Awesome Bro

shadowmimiiru":brz8mu50 said:
Why yes, yes I have you sarcastic bastard.

Oh god thats funny.

Anyways, anyone actually managed to play around with a trial using the English Patch ?

I'll download it later... maybe. (Not really looking forward to AGM)

Sailerius":2bqnn1tj said:
If you're going to post it, then just post it.

Never said I'd post it. I'll respect these people enough to not make it publicly available, but that doesn't mean I won't give it to people who ask. After all I find it wrong that a person (the owner of the other community no less) would come here and say a patch was available but that we'd have to find it ourselves in some vain attempt for more members. If he/she was up front about it (i.e. my community made a patch, here's the site. BTW you need to sign up to be able to download) I'd have no problem.

shadowmimiiru":o6rwk4wz said:
Sailerius":o6rwk4wz said:
If you're going to post it, then just post it.

Never said I'd post it. I'll respect these people enough to not make it publicly available, but that doesn't mean I won't give it to people who ask.

Did I not just say we won't give a shit if you post a link? If you have a link, then post one. If not, shut up. :|

mawk

Sponsor

so that people will stop acting ridiculous about it, here is the english trial patch from agm.com. it's just a modification to the executable and a couple associated files that you paste into the folder and replace the originals with. you gotta be registered to get it, but

a:actiongamemaker.com is cool register TODAY!
b:you don't need to make an arbitrary number of posts so you can just leech if that's your thing.

Besides, all this drama, this looks like it'll be pretty damn easy to make the Action-Shooter RPG I've been planning, unlike its RPG Maker XP counterpart (Only God knows how long I've been trying to get projectiles to work). From what I'm seeing about AGM's features, this looks to be an even better investment than XP and VX combined. And the interface looks very smooth and useable. I'm very psyched about this. However, the only thing for me is the price. I heard speculation over on Despain's thread about the final product being $100 or somefing like that, plus the $49-99 XNA Club Memebership (I do want to port my game to XBL). That'll hike the final price to $150-200. That's a pretty penny to those of us who don't have "real" jobs. OR credit cards for that matter.

every berries":mabzf3zf said:
so that people will stop acting ridiculous about it, here is the english trial patch from agm.com. it's just a modification to the executable and a couple associated files that you paste into the folder and replace the originals with. you gotta be registered to get it, but

a:actiongamemaker.com is cool register TODAY!
b:you don't need to make an arbitrary number of posts so you can just leech if that's your thing.

Link doesn't work.

shadowmimiiru":mabzf3zf said:
Wow ... you all do know some of us sleep, right?

Anyway, for anyone who doesn't want the hassle of 1. joining another community that's damn near identical to this and 2. Doesn't like recruitment gimmicks then here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CAKWPVI

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the warning and whining to start.

Files corrupted.

Kav

Sponsor

Celes_cole":3ti40zze said:
It still doesn't work.
---
502 Bad Gateway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx/0.6.35
It's some bizarre server error, which doesn't make sense since it's on the SAME SERVER as rmxp.org

It says "502 Bad Gateway" because you are not logged in. Clicking on the link starts the download, however you MUST be logged in to download it. To download you must manually go to AGM and register before attempting download.

Yaxor

can sum1 uploadz the retail version full pls I dont want to pay 150 quids for teh shize :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

please don't make posts like this. you're not funny, dawg.
yrs, mawk

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.