Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A Way to Retrieve Lost Posts

I just discovered a way (it might not be news to anyone) on how to restore posts lost to the hack. Google (and web archivers) produced cached pages of this site. We could look to them to find our old posts.

Of course...it would be a lot of work to restore posts, and I've noticed a lot of posts with edit histories haven't even been restored anyway.

By the way, I found this out trying to find the Vex Template...anybody got a link to the page? (not just the image alone)

PK8

I'm willing to lend a hand. I found Erk's stylin contest topic before the forum was hacked. Check it out: Erk's Stylin contest

Edit: Darn, I only saw the first page of the topic.
Edit2: That stylin contest was the only topic I could find. (I'll try searching a bit more.)

Tana

As for people complaining about the VEX template, you do realize there's a pinned topic in Resource Analysis with the template in it right?

The Google Cached pages are cool, but I think maybe a bit time consuming to copy things.

To me personally, the lost posts aren't even remotely a concern of mine anymore. I think we're past the point where they matter.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.