Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A battle script like this?

I was browsing youtube, came across this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7SotgdE824

I think it's called "Relics Walker - Crimson Daughter"

But that's a literal english translation, so I'm not sure.

Says it's made with rmxp, but I've never seen anything like this.

A script been released for this? (or at least a demo? :D)

Anyways, thanks for any help ;)

Thanks to Kuromadoshi's links...
English Version":20i746ec said:
Dot unit movement and the smooth operation with inertia.
Refreshing [konbo] is hammered easily with operation.
To colorful direction the unique growth system which it can grow.
Action RPG of the 渾 body which entirely the scale was raised in.
Presently in the midst of ardent production. Completion due date undecided.
(The production tool is RPG [tsukuru] 2003)
RPG [tsukuru] 2003 is RPGMaker 2003 and not XP.

Given that 2003 didn't have scripts, this ABS had to be created with common events and map events... and lots of battle animations and pictures. Gotta admit, that looked pretty good. :thumb:

Wait, no use of scripts? Wow... Then how did they pull of the smooth movement instead of the tile-based, and that thing with transparent scenery when walking behind it?

Btw, thanks for responding ;)

** Oh, and I currently have xp, but after seeing what can be done with 2003, which one should I go with?

I like the side to side battle style better than the frontwards one xp and 2000 use, but have also been told rgss makes almost anything possible.

Kuromadoshi;274059 said:
Wait, no use of scripts? Wow... Then how did they pull of the smooth movement instead of the tile-based, and that thing with transparent scenery when walking behind it?

Btw, thanks for responding ;)

** Oh, and I currently have xp, but after seeing what can be done with 2003, which one should I go with?

I like the side to side battle style better than the frontwards one xp and 2000 use, but have also been told rgss makes almost anything possible.

Use XP... You can do EVERYTHING you can in 2003...
If you wish the sideview battle system use Minkoff's scripts.

iminzc

im still looking for the script but it was made using rpg maker 2003 so there are no scripts
but still its has Ruby.. or some other code in there..might be c++ :crazy:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.