Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seiken Densetsu/Mana Fan Game [WIP]

'Mana Fan Game' intends to be a homage to the Seiken Densetsu/Mana series, including the iconic elements that singularize the franchise. As in now, it is only a demo, but soon should be extended as a full game featuring locations, characters, sounds and music from past games.

'Mana Fan Game' demo was made in the SFML C++ library.

UPDATE:2/3/2013

Hi everyone. I update the demo once again.
Some new pics.

g002.gif
screenshot011.png
screenshot012.png

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.caffeware.com/download_current.php

CONTROLS:

Ability : Press Cancel button.
Run : Double tap forward.
Open Ringmenu : Press Cancel and Confirm buttons.
Attack: Trigger Confirm button.

Use can use the KEYS.exe located in the game folder to map the controls to the keyboard keys.
A standard gamepad can be used to play the game. However, buttons can't be set for the gamepad.

New features:

• Title screen
    Ability System
    Level/Exp points system
    Save/Load system
    Simple events
    New enemies and locations
    Increased performance

Still lots to do. :blush:

Please tell me what you think!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old version

screenshot001.png
screenshot002.png
screenshot003.png

screenshot004.png
screenshot005.png
screenshot006.png

DOWNLOAD:

CONTROLS:

Run: Press Cancel key/button.
Open Ringmenu: Press Cancel and Confirm keys/buttons.
Attack: Trigger Confirm key/button.

You can use the KEYS.exe located in the game folder to map the controls to the keyboard keys.

A standard gamepad can be used to play the game. However, buttons can't be customize for the gamepad.

Field map:
Use the Direction keys to move the character.
To attack, use the Confirm key.
To run press and hold the Cancel key while using the Direction keys.
Finally, press and hold both the Confirm and Cancel keys to open the Ringmenu.

Ringmenu:
The Ringmenu is used to select healing items, to change the controlled character, and to select and use magics. The battle will keep running while the Ringmenu is open. If the character with the Ringmenu is hit by an enemy, the Ringmenu will automatically be closed.

The cotrols for the Ringmenu are the following:
Direction keys Left and Right to rotate among the icons available.
Directions keys Up and Down to change rings.
The Confirm key is used for selecting the icons. In some cases when selecting an icon, the Handcursor will appear. With the Handcursor you can select allies or foes depending on current ring.
The Cancel key will close the Ringmenu.

MAGICS:
At the moment, only the Tamber character can use magics. There are various magics, each with different reactions. For example, one will hit a single enemy, while other will hit multiple. Try them all and discover the different effects!

OBJETIVES:
The characters DO NOT earn experience points or gain levels. Nevertheless you can 'farm' items and can earn money in order to buy in the shops. A good inventory will be necessary when encountering a 'mysterious' someone!

Please tell me what you think!
Criticize me to death!

Amy":3bp4axpq said:
This is so pretty. The graphics are from the original I presume? Or are they your own? I could play a game like this for hours.
Thanks for you time.
The graphics are indeed from the original.
A new version of the demo is coming soon!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.